Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How the heck do you update the TV Shows library?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I have a bunch of new TV episodes in the folder. I can go into files menu and see the files.

However, they will not show up in the library. I have "update library at startup" checked and have sent update library commands via XBMC Commander. Both initiate scans yet the new files never show up in the library.

What gives?
If you have a keyboard... locate the TV show and put it in focus... hit 'C' make sure content is set correctly, then hit TV show information... 'refresh' button if you didn't like the scrape and pick, or manually add based on the TVDB site.

95% of issues are improper naming conventions and settings.

TVSHOW: name>Season>s01e01.avi
PatK Wrote:If you have a keyboard... locate the TV show and put it in focus... hit 'C' make sure content is set correctly, then hit TV show information... 'refresh' button if you didn't like the scrape and pick, or manually add based on the TVDB site.

95% of issues are improper naming conventions and settings.

TVSHOW: name>Season>s01e01.avi

The scraping works just fine and the naming convention of the new files is identical to the ones that were already in the folder..
enable the debug logging, scan and check the log file (or post it here using pastebin.com)