Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [AppletV2] XBMC just stopped working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I jailbroke my AppleTV 2 a few weeks ago. I've been using XBMC throughout that time and it's been great.

Yesterday I turned on my appletv (I power it down when I don't use it), and everything looked fine. I selected XBMC from the menu, and I got the XBMC splash screen and then it goes black. 10 seconds later it goes back to the main AppleTV screen.

I tried again this morning and it was the same issue.

As far as I know I have not changed anything. I checked using the Seasonpass program and my ATV is still jailbroken. NitoTV works fine.

Any ideas?
I suggest posting a log. See the stickies for details on how to do so.
ok, thanks eTip. I'll do that when I get home.
Here are the logs:

Crash log: http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=1gKq03zV

Debug: http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=SFUy1iBR

Syslog: pastebin says it's too large. Any other ideas on where to upload it?
I had a very similar experience, running nightlies. It was/is jailbroken with seasonpass and running xbmc. Then, I had to power it off because i was attaching an ethernet cable. After powering back on, exactly as you described it. Eventually had to manually delete the xbmc folder for the reinstall to work. I am reluctant to power it off again Smile
I've powered it off every day prior and not had a problem. Maybe that's the issue, but I hope not.
It is v good on energy consumption if that is the reason for powering off, also has a sleep function.
Code:
16:03:58 T:73453568 M:140922880 * ERROR: SQL: The database disk image is malformed

seems your db is broken ... move your db away (mv /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/Video* /var/mobile)
Memphiz Wrote:
Code:
16:03:58 T:73453568 M:140922880 * ERROR: SQL: The database disk image is malformed

seems your db is broken ... move your db away (mv /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/Video* /var/mobile)

Thanks! So just delete the db file?
iherald Wrote:Thanks! So just delete the db file?

He gave you the command line to run that'll move the file out of the way:

mv /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/Video* /var/mobile

However, if it's corrupt there's probably not much reason to keep it so deleting it shouldn't matter... up to you.
activate Wrote:I had a very similar experience, running nightlies. It was/is jailbroken with seasonpass and running xbmc. Then, I had to power it off because i was attaching an ethernet cable. After powering back on, exactly as you described it. Eventually had to manually delete the xbmc folder for the reinstall to work. I am reluctant to power it off again Smile

This is kind of off topic, but did you really mean to say that you powered down the ATV2 just to plug or unplug the ethernet cable?

Nothing bad will happen if you plug or unplug the cable while it is on, and iOS will automatically switch to the wired connection without a restart. I've done it several times specifically on the ATV2.
Smile Yes I know. The issue was that it was already connected with a cat 6 cable and the atv2 was not picking it up. So in, diagnosing the problem, I powered it off. End result was that the cable was faulty.
jd2157 Wrote:He gave you the command line to run that'll move the file out of the way:

mv /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/Video* /var/mobile

However, if it's corrupt there's probably not much reason to keep it so deleting it shouldn't matter... up to you.

I deleted the file and it solved the problem. Thanks very much for everyones help!!