Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Have to reactivate PVR backend everytime I start XBMC (pvr-margro4)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there,

any ideas why I always have to deactivate and then activate the PVR backend again after I started XBMC in order to watch liveTV? I'm using the 4theRecord backend on a singleseat Win7x64 setup (haven't tried the MP backend yet).

The rest seems to work fine so far (heavily missing timeshift though). Thanks.
Had the same problem with the MP plugin on Win 7 32bit.

The problem lies there, that the MP TV service isn't started fully when XBMC starts.

I've just created a batchfile which delays the start of xbmc a few seconds after the boot of windows.
Problem solved.
I have TVHeadend on a server then I have a acer revo 3700 as a client running xbmc live.

I see the same issue when I start xbmc it doesn't find the pvr backend and I need to re enable the pvr via the setting screen.

Maybe we should raise a bug.
jimmeuh Wrote:The problem lies there, that the MP TV service isn't started fully when XBMC starts.

I my case it doesn't depend on when XBMC launches. Currently I still stick with MP for watching TV because of the timeshift feature - but even after I already watched TV with MP, leave it and then open XBMC the PVR-Backend is not loaded - I always have to reactivate it.
it's been fixed in the dev tree.
Does this also relate to me getting an epg per channel, but not a timeline epg dushmaniac? If not i'll do some more searching til i file a report.
the timeline is broken in the latest git revisions, after last week end's merge from xbmc/master. will have to be partially rewritten.