Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Pausing or info in video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK First I want to say GREAT Skin. I really like it and I like the options for alternative colors. For the most part it seems to run very smoothly. Also, I am using the SVN so I do not expect things to run perfectly since it is just that "SVN".

So here are a few things that I am experiencing when using this skin:

1. During playback of an HD movie it plays fine until I hit pause or info. then when it restarts, the video jitters and is out of sync. I tried this with many different HD Movies all with the same result. I switch to the Night skin and it plays fine all the way through. no jitters after pause of info button is pushed.

2. I go to the "Movies" option on the main menu and then hit down. I go to the "Genre" and it takes me to the movies not the options for genre. I hit the back button and can get to the genre options but I am in the video menu. Just a small glitch but I do use genre a lot for the kids movies.

The playback is big for me. I really like this skin and I do like a few of the views that come with it better then the night skin but if I can not hit pause of info during playback I am not sure I can use this skin.

I am using the SVN skin with an ACER Revo 3700 window 7. Pretty much everything runs perfect except the playback.

Thanks,
SoBBie
I have the same exact behavior for #1

using a similar setup (Revo 3610 and win 7)
I have the same issue, but I am not sure if it is skin-specific. It also does not happen all the time. When it does, tapping Left to rewind a few seconds always fixes it, so it seems like a memory/cache problem to me. I have noticed quite a few hiccups whenever info slides in and out in full-screen view, even during music playback.
I'll look into it - I haven't noticed the issue, but I'm probably 2-3 weeks behind on the nightly builds.
Well it is good to see that I am not the only one. Thought I was going crazy for a while. Thanks all.

SoBBie

I have to say I LOVE the new DVD covers that were added in the SVN!!!!! is there any way to put that in the stable version?

I seem to have a few more issues with the latest SVN. It seems that after a movie is done playing the skin becomes very slow to respond.
Has this issue been resolved ?
I too suffer from this - although it dosnt happen everytime.
Furthermore, I recall reading about a different matter (which I suffer from too), where xbmc seemed to be non responsive for a few secs after playing a movie or a tv-show.

kind regards

Christian
I have not found a fix. I am tempted to start to use the XBMC nightly builds thinking that the people developing these skins are doing it for the latest and greatest. I can not say that is what is happening but I dont know what else to try. The only other thing I am thinking of trying is using XBMC Live because I am running it on Windows 7 and I am not sure if there is some issues with that.

Kind Regards,
SoBBie
All of the recent updates to the skin are intended for the Nightly builds. I'd strongly suggest giving them a try...
stoli Wrote:All of the recent updates to the skin are intended for the Nightly builds. I'd strongly suggest giving them a try...

Thanks for your advice. I will most likely give them a try. Is there a more stable nightly then another or should I just go with the latest?

I don't mind using nightly builds since I actually do that with my cell phone (DInc with CM7). But this is my media center and I dont want my wife and child to have issues with it when I am not around.
I just grab whatever was built the day I download. If I notice any major issues (and I haven't yet) I'll downgrade to the day prior... Since you can just install right on top the hardest part is waiting for the install to finish. Smile
Well thought I would report back.... Smile everything is working great now. Now I just need to figure out how to tag DVD/ISO files with a different cover. but I have a separate thread on that.

Thanks,
SoBBie