Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: keyboard.xml syntax question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I' m trying, evidently in vain, to set-up a keyboard shortcut for my youtube plugin. I am runnig XBMC Live but I would think this is a generic question.

I can't seem to get it to work. I have tried:

1.<y>XBMC.ActivateWindow(video,plugin://plugin.video.youtube)</y>
2.<y>RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.youtube)</y>
3.<y>RunPlugin(plugin.video.youtube)</y>

Where is my error? I'm sure its something simple... Any advice would be certainly appreciated.
You were very nearly right the first time.

The problem is finding the exact link to the add-on, because it includes a number that changes depending on what else you have installed. The trick is to add the add-on to the Favourites by highlighting the add-on, pressing C and choosing Add to Favourites from the context menu.

Now open your favourites.xml (from $HOME/.xbmc/userdata) in some suitable text editor and you'll see something like (this is for the MCERemote add-on on my system):

Code:
<favourites>
  <favourite name="MCERemote" thumb="...">ActivateWindow(10001,&quot;plugin://plugin.program.mceremote/&quot;)</favourite>
</favourites>

So the key mapping you would use is:

Code:
<y>ActivateWindow(10001"plugin://plugin.program.mceremote/")</y>

Adapt this as appropriate for your system.

JR
JR you rock... This is exactly what I needed.
JR how do we add this keyboard shortcut

<favourite name="Gemini *US*" thumb="special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/e/e1630521.tbn">PlayMedia(&quot;http://127.0.0.1:6498/ms2/1310229857728/0MediaPlayer+0+/octoshape+hVVVV+octo.freedocast.com+V+gtcdn.yupptv.geminius.900/gtcdnyupptvgeminius900&quot;)</favourite>

Thanks
NM found the solution Smile
JR, how do we configure Android remote app for the shortcuts?? I looked up on wiki and i do not seem find one for the android app.

Thanks
hunkyn Wrote:JR, how do we configure Android remote app for the shortcuts??

Don't know, sorry. I don't know how the Android app communicates with XBMC.

JR
Hi,

i also tried everything and nothing works... ok from the beginning:

The last days i made my perfect setup: Ubuntu11.10 (minimal)+Fluxbox+XBMC (Eden beta2)+VDR+Firefox...

With the "Advanced Launcher" Plugin i can start the VDR or Firefox from the XBMC and with closing one of them i'm back in the XBMC - perfect!

But i really need a Keyboard Shortcut for the Launchers. I tried everything in the keyboard.xml, but nothing works.

I also tried to call the bash with Phyton from Runscript...

The vdr-start.sh:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
fluxbox &
vdr-sxfe --video=vdpau --audio=alsa:iec958 --fullscreen
killall -9 fluxbox

The favourites.xml:

Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="Firefox">PlayMedia(&quot;plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?c3d2c60c2e694664e11bd9b1f9bccfd6&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="VDR">PlayMedia(&quot;plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?b6e2010e4c5ff2ad89af55f94b0cb7e5&quot;)</favourite>
</favourites>

and a example from my tries:

<v>PlayMedia"plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?b6e2010e4c5ff2ad89af55f94b0cb7e5"</v>

Any Ideas?
Everything is perfect, but this last thing not...

Thanks
Mahlzeit Wrote:
Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="Firefox">PlayMedia(&quot;plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?c3d2c60c2e694664e11bd9b1f9bccfd6&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="VDR">PlayMedia(&quot;plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?b6e2010e4c5ff2ad89af55f94b0cb7e5&quot;)</favourite>
</favourites>

and a example from my tries:

<v>PlayMedia"plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?b6e2010e4c5ff2ad89af55f94b0cb7e5"</v>

Did you try it with the parentheses?
Code:
<v>PlayMedia("plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?b6e2010e4c5ff2ad89af55f94b0cb7e5")</v>
Yes, i tried it before... but thanks for your answer - it was the right syntax.
I'm so stupid - i tried everything with the keyboard.xml in my user directory, but now i tried it with the "original" keyboard.xml and it worked instantly *shame*
Cool, glad you got it working.