Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] MCE remote stopped working - debug included
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm running XBMC 10.0 on Ubuntu Lucid, I was scrolling through my shows and suddenly my mceusb remote suddenly stopped working!

Naturally I thought it was my batteries so I replaced them but that didn't solve the problem. I can see the IR receiver's red light turn on when I press a button. When I run irw, I can see that the button presses are registering:

000000037ff05be0 00 Down mceusb_hauppauge
000000037ff05be0 01 Down mceusb_hauppauge
000000037ff05be1 00 Up mceusb_hauppauge

Finally I figured it could be an issue with XBMC itself. I ran it in debug mode and it looks like the buttons presses are registering, I've uploaded my debug file here: http://pastebin.com/TdApwUX4

For now I'm using a keyboard or my Android and they are both working as well. I didn't update XBMC or apply a new kernel, tried a reboot etc. still no IR remote love.

I saw a lot of similar threads on the forums, but they seem to either have a problem with the receiver, using LIVE, or some other remote. AFAIK it appears that the remote is working, XBMC just doesn't want to change menu options.
did you try to reconfigure lirc?
I have had this problem several times; very frustrating. Check your Lircmap.xml to ensure that your remote device (mine is "mceusb") matches the same remote description given when running IRW. So, your remote device in your Lircmap.xml should be "mceusb_hauppauge". I found that after lirc had any updates during my automatic updates in Lucid, the description given during my IRW testing would change from "mceusb_hauppauge" to "mceusb" & no longer match my remote device configured in Lircmap.xml. I have had to change my Lircmap.xml 2 or 3 times in the last year. Hope this helps.
@Hudson_Hawk04: I reconfigured lirc, and still no remote love.

@depmuts: I just remoted in to home and the Lircmap.xml is mceusb, I've changed it as you suggested (mceusb_hauppauge). I will try this out tonight.

EDIT: Thanks depmuts that was exactly the issue, remote is working again!