Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Start XBMC on other screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

How do I start XBMC on a other screen? According FAQ/Help XBMC will start on the screen/monitor I start it from. I use my 46" LED as second screen and I would like to have XBMC there.

How do I do?

/Rob
irobbmac Wrote:Hi,

How do I start XBMC on a other screen? According FAQ/Help XBMC will start on the screen/monitor I start it from. I use my 46" LED as second screen and I would like to have XBMC there.

How do I do?

/Rob

Did this yesterday. Connected my second screen and choosed that i wanted xbmc on the second screen in the system prefs (i think it was that one) in xbmc and voila there it is! Smile
now when i restart it its always on the second screen!
Neerav Wrote:Did this yesterday. Connected my second screen and choosed that i wanted xbmc on the second screen in the system prefs (i think it was that one) in xbmc and voila there it is! Smile
now when i restart it its always on the second screen!

Where do I change that exactly?
Settings-->System--->Video output

I think.
I use the same setup in that my TV is my main XBMC screen (Screen 2) I have also used the toggle to Blank out my iMac's display. This way when I launch XBMC it opens on the TV. One thing to be aware of is that around mid May a change was made that broke the 2 screen setup but builds before and after that work perfectly.