Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Change a music fanart picture?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have successfully changed the thumb and fanart for all my movies so i wanted to do the same for my music.
All of my album art is fine but i want to change some of the fanart that has automatically downloaded. I went into the album information to change fanart but the option was greyed out. I think the skin was Aeon. So i changed the skin to something else and tried again.. This time the option was there so i clicked it on a popular artist but nothing showed up like the movie one did. The movie one gave me loads of choices but the music one gives me zero.
So how do I change the fanart? I dont want to source my own pictures just change some of the ones that have auto downloaded already.
garyparson Wrote:I have successfully changed the thumb and fanart for all my movies so i wanted to do the same for my music.
All of my album art is fine but i want to change some of the fanart that has automatically downloaded. I went into the album information to change fanart but the option was greyed out. I think the skin was Aeon. So i changed the skin to something else and tried again.. This time the option was there so i clicked it on a popular artist but nothing showed up like the movie one did. The movie one gave me loads of choices but the music one gives me zero.
So how do I change the fanart? I dont want to source my own pictures just change some of the ones that have auto downloaded already.

I believe fanart is only available from the artist level of the library(ie artist -> info - get fanart) Also since XBMC only uses a single location for downloading fanart(music)(I think) -> htbackdrops.com there is not always a lot offered(sadly the nature of community supplied artwork) Fanart.tv now has artist fanart available for download(manually or with the use of my script cdART Manager(http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77031) though I have not yet hammered all the kinks out to release a Dharma version, the Eden Version works pretty good.) Like htbackdrops.com, fanart.tv is community driven, at the time of writting this we have 2282 cdARTs, 500 ClearLOGOs, 1337 Fanarts, 1795 Album covers. If you use my script to download, automatic downloading creates a folder called extrafanart in the artist folder and will copy all available fanart to that folder(only new files) This because some scripts(like Transparency! have an option to use extrafanart)

Hope this helps out a bit...