Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Upgrade ATV2 to latest iOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I already have the lastest nightly XBMC on an ATV2 running 4.2.1 but want to upgrade to 4.2.2 to get the 16bit audio option so ac3/dts works.

My question is if I upgrade does that wipe the atv2 so I have to start from scratch or does the XBMC install stay in place with all its current settings/library?
snowxbmc Wrote:So I already have the lastest nightly XBMC on an ATV2 running 4.2.1 but want to upgrade to 4.2.2 to get the 16bit audio option so ac3/dts works.

My question is if I upgrade does that wipe the atv2 so I have to start from scratch or does the XBMC install stay in place with all its current settings/library?

you will have to start again, as in reinstall xbmc, etc, etc
Thanks

There goes my morning then... Smile
snowxbmc Wrote:Thanks

There goes my morning then... Smile

you can backup all your XBMC settings and such. Just SSH or (or use an SFTP client with a nice GUI) and copy everything from:

/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/

After you upgrade and re-jailbreak just copy those files back over in the same location, and XBMC will pop right back up just as you left it.
Do we actually benefit sonically as well visually from using the 4.2.2?
edwingoh Wrote:Do we actually benefit sonically as well visually from using the 4.2.2?

Only if you had problems before the update.