Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Hooking ATV2 up via HDMI AND!!! Optical with sound ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there,

I have bought an ATV for my parents. So far everything works fine except one Thing:

I hooked it up via HDMI to the TV and via optical to the surround receiver.
When I check "Output HDMI or Optical" and tell the box the receiver knows 7.1, DTS and AC3 - surely the receiver gets surround. But in this case, the TV gets this annoying whitenoise sound.

When I set the ATV to analoge, the TV works but the receiver does only stereo.

Is there a way, to tell the ATV to output analog over HDMI and Surround over optical ?

Thanks.
Unfortunately there is no possibility to do that. You have to choose what setup you prefer.

EmKay
Kaiserlein Wrote:Hey there,

I have bought an ATV for my parents. So far everything works fine except one Thing:

I hooked it up via HDMI to the TV and via optical to the surround receiver.
When I check "Output HDMI or Optical" and tell the box the receiver knows 7.1, DTS and AC3 - surely the receiver gets surround. But in this case, the TV gets this annoying whitenoise sound.

When I set the ATV to analoge, the TV works but the receiver does only stereo.

Is there a way, to tell the ATV to output analog over HDMI and Surround over optical ?

Thanks.

Might want to check out this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=103834

they're testing a new audio component to XBMC that will fix a lot of audio related issues. Your white noise on the HDMI audio might be one of those issues, but I'm not too familiar with the testing and the current known-issues right now. Maybe try loading the version of XBMC for ATV2 that they link to in that thread and see if it helps any, or asking in that thread if it's a known issue.
my setup is the same as this, these are my settings, latest keith build. Apple settings: dolby digital auto, audio output 16 bit, hdmi outpur auto.
xbmc audio settings: audio output optical/coax. speaker config 5.1, dolby digital (ac3) enabled dts reciever enabled. this stopped the noise
Nice....

I'll try those settings. Thanks, Mark.