Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: mySQL appletv2 and xbmc which version?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

been through a nightmare, scraping and resetting all my configs ..

What are the known good versions that work together for a mysql setup?

I have tried 10.0-8 and 10.0.9 on the appletv2 but both seem to kill the database on the XBMClive, which is 10.1 March 9 ...

Everytime I connect the appletv2 against the database I end up with the xbmclive logging the following:

": Can't open the database xbmc_video as it is a NEWER version than what we were expecting"

my iPad, also running 10.0-9 works just fine with the database, so I assume the xbmc on the live is "too" old? Any hints how to get that working or which version is required?

couldnt find any details on the forum so far ...

greets
r4n
r4nd0m Wrote:couldnt find any details on the forum so far ...

Then you didn't actually use the Search feature

http://forum.xbmc.org/search.php?searchid=8673330

Nightlies work with Nightlies. 10.0-9 is a build from trunk, which means it's the same as the nightlies, just not built every night. What version on the desktop works with 10.0-9? A nightly version.
Ned Scott Wrote:Then you didn't actually use the Search feature

http://forum.xbmc.org/search.php?searchid=8673330

Nightlies work with Nightlies. 10.0-9 is a build from trunk, which means it's the same as the nightlies, just not built every night. What version on the desktop works with 10.0-9? A nightly version.

I did, thats why I posted my results ...

I'd think:
Code:
ii  xbmc                                                             2:10.1~ppa1~lucid                               XBMC Media Center (full metapackage)
ii  xbmc-bin                                                         2:10.1~ppa1~lucid                               XBMC Media Center (binary data package)
ii  xbmc-data                                                        2:10.1~ppa1~lucid                               XBMC Media Center (arch-independent data pac
ii  xbmc-live                                                        2:10.1~ppa1~lucid                               XBMC Media Center (XBMC Live package)
ii  xbmc-ppa-keyring                                                 2009.06.03                                      GnuPG archive keys for the XBMC PPA
ii  xbmc-skin-confluence                                             2:10.1~ppa1~lucid                               XBMC Media Center (Confluence skin)
ii  xbmc-standalone                                                  2:10.1~ppa1~lucid                               XBMC Media Center (standalone program)

says the latest nightly is installed, however the same situation exists ... or am I wrong?

edit: seems like I did add the wrong repository ...
my bad. seems the linux "nightly" hasn't been updated since october of last year. However seems a how-to guide has just been posted today

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=104301