Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ati drivers and windows 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just updated to newest ATI drivers and now the resolution has a 2 inch black bar on all sides. The resoultion was fine before i updated drivers. I have my tv in "just scan" mode. seems the only way i can get the black bars gone in windows it by using the overlay options in the ati software but then xbmc doesnt display the tv shows/movies right unless i use gpu upscale. then everything seems slower.

Im using Windows 7
AMD Radeon HD 6310 graphics
You have to adjust the display scaling option. If I remember correctly it should be under Screens/HDTV or something the like. I'm not on windows right now, so I can't check.
Yeah i got that done now but everything still looks washed out.. looks like a old movie or something. Any idea what setting i have to mess with?
well, try lanzcos upscaler.

There is also an option in the ati drivers, to "enhance video" like dynamic contrast, flesh tone correction and sharpen.
You could try to play around with these and see if it suits your taste.
lanzcos upscale? im lost
You need to adjust the overscan to zero.
Don't go scaling just set the overscan to zero.
Thanks, I have the overscan worked out now. The picture just seems washed out. I've compare it to my boxee box and the boxee box skin tone and blacks look better. with xbmc skin tone is kinda on the white side if that makes any sense everything is abit lighter then it should be... blacks looks liek gray kinda of

Hitcher Wrote:Don't go scaling just set the overscan to zero.
stabu Wrote:lanzcos is only for nivida

no it isn't. I have an ATI Card and use lanzcos.

As I said above, check the ati driver settings, there are options to enhance the video.
I cant use lanzcos for some reason. Also what options should i tweak in the driver?
im not very good at messing colors and ect.

wsnipex Wrote:no it isn't. I have an ATI Card and use lanzcos.

As I said above, check the ati driver settings, there are options to enhance the video.
You shouldnt need to adjust any of the CCC settings other than the underscan as already said. If you need to make changes to the image use your TV's image settings.

David
Its not the tv settings.. if i plug in my boxee box it looks better then the HTPC.

DavidT99 Wrote:You shouldnt need to adjust any of the CCC settings other than the underscan as already said. If you need to make changes to the image use your TV's image settings.

David