Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Passing properties with home buttons.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,

i've just set up the latest cvs to make use of kraqh3d's 'activewindow with path' patch - thanks kraqh, it's great and working. i have a lot of movies and also some home movies which i would like to easily navigate. i have two homebuttons on the home page

- my movies
- my home videos

i have the 'my home videos' making use of the activewindow piece which obviously defaults to 'file view' - this is what i want as i would never use imdb for home movies (of course). however, what i need (and don't know how to do) is always have the 'my movies' button always have it's destination show in 'view by title / genre'. this is important as i have my movies over 3 shares and it's difficult to locate stuff in 'file view' i will always have the 'home videos' in 1 share so this works well for that.

if anyone can help solve this i would be very greatful.

thanks and regards,

lyndon.
try going direct to the video title view. id is 25. no need for the directory parameter.
activatewindow with a directory parameter only works for the non-database windows. but you can still activate that window using a destination window id of 25. assuming you've scanned your movie folders, you should see a consolidated view of your movies.
awsome guys! that's it - this setup is now perfect for my needs - thanks a lot, i really appreciate you help and work.

anyone not using the latest cvs - what are you waiting for!