Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Not adding TV episodes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Seems like every time you all help me solve one issue, I find another Laugh

The issue I'm having is a pretty odd one, XBMC doesn't want to add new episodes of one show. It adds all other shows, but for some reason doesn't want to add them for one show in particular.

The scraper acknowledged the show's presence by getting the shows info, but it lists it as having no episodes. At first I just assumed that I had messed up the file system, so I removed the episodes from the folder, re-ran them through renamer, and back they went. It still didn't acknowledge them.

So, I've tried deleting the show and re-adding it, refreshing the library, and checking the naming of the files and folders time and time again. I even checked to make sure the file types weren't something wonky, but they are .avi like most of my others.

Like I said, every other show is working except this one.

Any ideas?
Could you post the name of the file(s) and their structure (folder wise)?
Check manually on thetvdb as to what the show is called sometimes there are duplicate entries and one is not populated, a good example is battlestar galactica if you look there you will see what i mean. If you name the folder letter for letter the same as the correctly populated entry in thetvdb it works. Also you could go to tv show info and refresh see if it gives an option to choose another show of the same name, sounds stupid but again if you look at the BSG example you will understand
Folder/File layout currently is:

Futurama > Season6 > Futurama.S06E14.Neutopia.avi

I've tried renaming it quite a few different ways, but I honestly don't remember what.

@dizzy - I'll go check thetvdb and see if that helps
i just checked Futurama is listed correctly, my only suggestion would be to go to the show and go to tv show information and refresh see if it prompts anything else. After that im stuck and its open to the pros for an answer
Yeah, I checked to and didn't see any errors anywhere. It's so weird that this is the only show that it does this on. And it's not like it isn't reading the Futurama folder, it's pulling the info for the show just saying it has no episodes, but they are clearly there and accessible in File mode.

I've tried rescanning and renaming countless times, but they're still not popping up. And I've added episodes of other shows since adding those, and those worked perfectly
only other thing i can think of is deleting tvshow.nfo and trying again sorry i could not be more help
No need to be sorry, any help is good help!

Stupid question for you - how do you go about deleting the tvshow.nfo file? Blush
depends on your os/device etc but the scraper pulls a file called tvshow.nfo to identifiy it might be in your show dir or in your scraper dir with thumbnails not 100% sure as all my show are on smb share and tvshow.info is generated before i even add to lib. i think the emm you spoke about in another may also do it just looking at that is it just for movies?
I use EMM for movies only, but it does have a TV show area that I haven't played around with at all.

I'll look around for the tvshow nfo file, maybe it will help Big Grin
Sorry for the double post - but still no luck Sad

Any other ideas from anyone else?
Bumping Sad

Still no luck getting Futurama to add it's episodes, even though they are named the same way other shows are.

Anyone have any idea why they are being skipped? (I can find and play them perfectly in file mode, if that helps at all)
ProfessorChimpo Wrote:Bumping Sad

Still no luck getting Futurama to add it's episodes, even though they are named the same way other shows are.

Anyone have any idea why they are being skipped? (I can find and play them perfectly in file mode, if that helps at all)

When stuff isn't loading right into XBMC, for me it has often been filename issues.

http://www.therenamer.com/

Get that, and drag and drop your file into that. Verify that it renamed properly. Then load it up in EMM-r. It'll automatically create an .nfo for you after you scrape it. Then it should load up fine into XBMC.
ProfessorChimpo Wrote:Bumping Sad

FWIW, I'm having the exact same problem. It will add the first 4 seasons worth of episodes but doesn't want anything to do with adding season 6 episodes. (I don't have any season 5 episodes). I've just renamed them manually (S06E16 etc) and still no luck.Weird!
I'm having issues too. But something really odd is showing up, some season 5 episodes have the names of the new episodes, i.e. Benderama, but if I select it and look at info it is pointing to a season 5 episode. Also some of my specials are showing up in season 5.

Is there some issue with season 5 having been a bunch of specials? Wasn't season 5 actually the four movies?
Pages: 1 2