Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Archigos Wrote:@Big Giant Head

You're correct...

...with the IPTongueort being used in your bedroom.

Awesome, thanks Archigos.

Now to review the install guide thoroughly so I get it right first time!
Thanks for this app!!!

My specs are:

WINXP32 SP3
XBMC 10 Nightly
Latest Constellation App

I currently run a different Media Center (Meedio) but have wanted access from my iPad and came across your app and decided to test drive XBMC....

Between the ease of setup of XBMC and this app I am making a full switch over so thankyou. I have purchased this app because the price is great and I hate ads.

So far all has been great with the app and look forward to seeing just what else you guys can get it to do. Here is a list of things i'd like to see/improvements if they are at all possible

1 - TV shows Data: The display is great and my shows all display perfectly but it would be good to get the plot and episode data displayed on the iPad if possible.

2 - Picture Browsing: I see others in this thread have asked the same. Would be great to grab the thumbs to view and when trying to select a picture in the file browser to display, it doesn't load on XBMC, just says "Unable to play"

3 - Is it possible to build playlists and save them to be available in XBMC? I haven't looked fully at this as I am working on my Music library at the moment.

4 - In-app help: Just a simple few pages that show how to use the options in the app. Some buttons I have no idea what they really do and for the missus i'd love her to learn it herself. It's not a hard app but some buttons (like some on the player control) just aren't obvious

5 - Please Wait... Updating: When syncing data an indication its updating would be great

Keep up the great work, you guys are on a winner and have helped convert a long time HTPC user to XBMC Laugh

EDIT: Oh, just one more thing... I am in the setup and testing stages of my XBMC machine before I deploy it through the home so i'm only running a single version on my DEV machine but I will have 4 machines I need to manage and wondered if it's possible to switch control between machines?
imthebrain Wrote:I tried using the Facebook feature..... and as soon as i click on the fb icon...xbmc Constellation crashes... don't know if any one has experience this problem..
iPhone or iPad ? I will have to check this one out... We are going to pay a little more attention to the iPhone version as it does not satisfy us @ all... V1.4.2 will have some memory improvements for iphone so it will not crash so often as it does...

MrHipster Wrote:@Burbulence - I appreciate your response and the info that it works with ATV1. I'm running the same on my ATV, but nowhere on the FAQ's or forum did it mention ATV 1, only ATV 2, so just wanted some confirmation, before I tried to configure it. I sent a email to developer asking the same and didn't get anything back yet.
It should be mentioned, as an ATV1 with it's installed hd is still really viable.
Thanks your help !
w8 for version 1.4.1 witch was submitted for review on saturday.

MrHipster Wrote:Can anyone tell me if Constellation will work with 1st gen ATV ?
Running Dharma 10.

thanks for any help !!!

Yes It should If you are running into problems try turning off the EventServer in host settings and also w8 for v1.4.1 wich solves some timeout issues for low performance hosts.

AScherff Wrote:Hi,

running XBMC on ATV2 Official Release 10.1 with central database on MySQL.

Constellation is Pro Version 1.3.1.

Everething is working fine like movies and albums.

But the tv-shows will not shown. Same on XBMC running on Windows.

Whats wrong ?

v1.4.1 fixes this problem

phsyraxion Wrote:Thanks for this app!!!

My specs are:

WINXP32 SP3
XBMC 10 Nightly
Latest Constellation App

I currently run a different Media Center (Meedio) but have wanted access from my iPad and came across your app and decided to test drive XBMC....

Between the ease of setup of XBMC and this app I am making a full switch over so thankyou. I have purchased this app because the price is great and I hate ads.

So far all has been great with the app and look forward to seeing just what else you guys can get it to do. Here is a list of things i'd like to see/improvements if they are at all possible

1 - TV shows Data: The display is great and my shows all display perfectly but it would be good to get the plot and episode data displayed on the iPad if possible.

2 - Picture Browsing: I see others in this thread have asked the same. Would be great to grab the thumbs to view and when trying to select a picture in the file browser to display, it doesn't load on XBMC, just says "Unable to play"

3 - Is it possible to build playlists and save them to be available in XBMC? I haven't looked fully at this as I am working on my Music library at the moment.

4 - In-app help: Just a simple few pages that show how to use the options in the app. Some buttons I have no idea what they really do and for the missus i'd love her to learn it herself. It's not a hard app but some buttons (like some on the player control) just aren't obvious

5 - Please Wait... Updating: When syncing data an indication its updating would be great

Keep up the great work, you guys are on a winner and have helped convert a long time HTPC user to XBMC Laugh

EDIT: Oh, just one more thing... I am in the setup and testing stages of my XBMC machine before I deploy it through the home so i'm only running a single version on my DEV machine but I will have 4 machines I need to manage and wondered if it's possible to switch control between machines?
1 - It's on our To Do List Smile
2 - It's on our To Do List Smile Wink
3 - Currently being worked on.
4 - There will be a Video Soon "The Secrets of XBMC Constellation" because as far as we know ppl only use like 60% of the app possibilities Smile
5 - The library update process is still improving with each release... But we havent reached or "Ideal library syncer" we are getting there... but this not as simple as it looks if you rase the bare each time Wink
6 - Switching hosts is no problem just tap the wifi icon and pick the hostes. In the future there will be changes to this also....

regards
Set up the app and was able to navigate through XBMC with it straight away! Love the simple connection process.

Only thing is that no info at all is showing in the app. Does it take some time to filter through or am I missing something?

FYI I've got an iPhone 4 and XBMC is running on my laptop and all the media files are on an external drive connected to my main PC. Everything is listed all tickety boo within XBMC, I just need to figure out how to get that info on to my phone.

Hopefully it's an easy thing and I'll facepalm myself!

All suggestions readily accepted!

Edit: OK, I can see all my files through the Files view on the app but not through specific icons such as TV & Movies. Getting closer but not quite there yet.
Big Giant Head Wrote:Set up the app and was able to navigate through XBMC with it straight away! Love the simple connection process.

Only thing is that no info at all is showing in the app. Does it take some time to filter through or am I missing something?

FYI I've got an iPhone 4 and XBMC is running on my laptop and all the media files are on an external drive connected to my main PC. Everything is listed all tickety boo within XBMC, I just need to figure out how to get that info on to my phone.

Hopefully it's an easy thing and I'll facepalm myself!

All suggestions readily accepted!

Edit: OK, I can see all my files through the Files view on the app but not through specific icons such as TV & Movies. Getting closer but not quite there yet.
try going into settings and select resync local data
friends,
1 - You can load the application for xbmc?
2 - So I view the library opened with xbmc? have cache?
It would be great to see the films that have no need to open the xbmc!!
[quote=FSS_Dawid]iPhone or iPad ? I will have to check this one out... We are going to pay a little more attention to the iPhone version as it does not satisfy us @ all... V1.4.2 will have some memory improvements for iphone so it will not crash so often as it does...

Im using the Ipad 2 version...
how about my questions Huh?
@iorifly
1: If you're asking if Constellation will start XBMC, it will not. You need to have XBMC running already to use this app.
2: With XBMC running (and configured), Constellation will display the music and video libraries as needed.

If I remember correctly Dawid either stated that 'offline' browsing (viewing a library you have connected to in the past) is in the works, or on the to-do list.

As far as I know, none of current "XBMC Remotes" have the ability to utilize the actual *.db if that's the type of viewing you are asking about.

@imthebrain
There are 2 versions of this application, essentially, "Big Screen" and "Little Screen". The iPad version is for both 1st and 2nd generation iPad while the iPhone version covers the multiple iPhone devices as well as iPod Touch (I'm assuming, I can't find my iPod Touch to test that)
martiniy Wrote:how about my questions Huh?

Hello, thanks for BEST Xbmc remote for ipad2 )) !
I have the same problem with displaying the movie on ipad2 (ubuntu maverick, xbmc 11 pvr (opdenkamprepo ) + ipad2 16g )

But i found that when i restart XBMC after "remove database or resync local data" and then push down to resync movie on ipad - all films are displayed.

The movie issue 'should' be fixed in a new version that has already been submitted to Apple, so it's the 'waiting game' on when it hits the actual AppStore, I'm sure you know how it goes with that.

I tried Xbmc commander - and thats application seems to resync local data every time i chose movie or audio, maybe costellation can do the same ?
I've used Commander for awhile now (although leaning more towards Constellation each time now) and it does tend to sync a lot, which can be good, but sometimes the constant syncs crashed XBMC for me. I mean, don't get me wrong, there's probably a great middle ground that could be achieved. I'm sure Dawid is looking into it as he's talked about different sync scenarios before.

And i can help to translate this program to russin and ukrainian language.
Since I don't work with/for Dawid and the others, I guess there's no harm in saying, only Russian I know is some swear words from a classmate in college. I'm sure if/when they expand translations they'd appreciate the help.

And one more i think thad control button when choose some film , need to be stand out more, and add button "stop" after "play" button.
If it's the button(s) I'm thinking of, they are a little hard to see pending on the lighting in the room. It was mentioned there's going to be a few layout changes coming up, moving things around, adding stuff, etc. so that stop button may already be in the works.

And most need function - button to change the language when start watching the film, also LIVE TV menu very necessary
Are you talking about the Subtitle language or audio source? I don't use a PVR branch, but can see how LIVE TV would be beneficial to those that do, I just hope if it is included there's some way to either detect if it's a PVR branch (and hide if not) or have a manual way to hide it for those of us that wont need it.

Sorry I missed your comments/questions first time around.
isamu.dragon Wrote:try going into settings and select resync local data

Cheers mate. All good now.

Now to figure out how to get my library to show the right thumbnails for American Dad eps! Off I go to another area of the forum!
Archigos - big thanks for answers )

About audio button - yes i mean change audio source (HD files have DTS, AC3 or MP3 audio source and it would be nice to change the source)

And i think it would be better to set the PVR or not PVR (for LIVETV menu) in settings menu, not to use auto detect.

Waiting for new version, good work !
@martiniy
You're welcome...

About audio button - yes i mean change audio source (HD files have DTS, AC3 or MP3 audio source and it would be nice to change the source)
I have a pile of video that have multi source audio, but sadly, not sure if it's my medical issues, a 'don't know/don't care' mentality, or general laziness but I've never bothered to even try switching sources in XBMC. (Not saying it's a good idea as it probably is, just never used it).

And i think it would be better to set the PVR or not PVR (for LIVETV menu) in settings menu, not to use auto detect.
You're right, probably a toggle or whatever to tell it to hide the button... I've been kind of interested in the PVR version for awhile, but typical Microsoft... Windows 7 HATES my Digital Capture Card... Sad

Waiting for new version, good work !
They have at least one new(er) version submitted to Apple, so it's just waiting until Apple actually put it into the AppStore

--
Just to refresh memories... (in response to a PM I got from a random user)
I do NOT work with or have any affiliation with FSS, the creators, or anyone directly responsible for the Constellation App... I'm just a fan and beta tester for them.
That audio switcher ability may also be of use to anime watchers. I personally try to keep all my anime series in dual audio (English dub, English subs, Japanese dub). This may help for what ever mood the watcher is in (English dub right before bed, Japanese for normal).
martiniy Wrote:Hello, thanks for BEST Xbmc remote for ipad2 )) !
I have the same problem with displaying the movie on ipad2 (ubuntu maverick, xbmc 11 pvr (opdenkamprepo ) + ipad2 16g )

And refresh video library or resync local data or remove database - do not help.

But i found that when i restart XBMC after "remove database or resync local data" and then push down to resync movie on ipad - all films are displayed.

I tried Xbmc commander - and thats application seems to resync local data every time i chose movie or audio, maybe costellation can do the same ?

And i can help to translate this program to russin and ukrainian language.

And one more i think thad control button when choose some film , need to be stand out more, and add button "stop" after "play" button.

And most need function - button to change the language when start watching the film, also LIVE TV menu very necessary
Sorry for not answering I just missed your post.
This Problem will get fixed with the latest release it's also a timeout problem.

Translations: sure when we get there I will contact you about that for now we are still implementing our feature list... We we get to a version that we can say: "This is it!" we will start to add translations.

Buttons:
Sure we can residing it a little bit and add stop.

LiveTV: I actually wonder how many ppl are interested in this Im running the live TV branch with hts... Sure we can add a button to switch... But what would be awesome is a full live tv support with timeline/icons and channel switching as far as I have looked in it it wold be possible to get the timeline working but I have no idea @all how to switch to a different channel or how to set up a recording... I will have a look @ this later on.