Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
FSS_Dawid Wrote:@well we have made some decisions about that. The Android should be out just ater the first quoter of 2012. ;-)

Well.. sounds great Smile Still long time to go... but I'm really looking forward to it... Sadly the official remote isnt in shape it could be Sad So every 3rd party full working (paied) app would be cool
dabba Wrote:I paid the 4.99 for the full version of this app and it is well worth it, but the stutter issue is driving me insane! Shocked

How come you paid £4.99, surely on the app store this app is priced @ £2.99 for the full version and like you said well worth it,
m0v1em4n Wrote:How come you paid £4.99, surely on the app store this app is priced @ £2.99 for the full version and like you said well worth it,

You Brits... Big Grin It's £2.99 yes, but in the US store it's $4.99... you're just using the wrong currency. Wink
FSS_Dawid Wrote:sorry for not replaying to your e-mail I don't think i got it...
The "massive stutter" problem is caused by XBMC not the app. Constellation is the only app witch can sync a library od 2k movies 3k tv episodes and 8K albums under 10s (of course this is hardware dependent ie on a ATV2 this will take 5 minuts Smile )... to the point the problem only happens if you are not using hardware acceleration i.e. VDPAU... mysql also helps in this on a separate host. The json serialization takes to much CPU power and there comes the "massive stutter" efect ...

I.e. I don't have any of the problems at all im using:
2x ZBOX id11 as a frontend
1x Atom 1.6 dual core on my backend(sab + couch + ... + mysql)
1x E350 powered unraid server pro

I don't know whats the best way dealing with this... make the library sync slower or just give a option to not start it on app entry?

What kind of hardware are you using and on what os ?

I am running it on a Giada Cube N3-D2OB (Ion chipset, Atom 330 1.6 ghz dual core with 4 GB of ram and an internal 120 GB HD more specs here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6856176002) and Windows 7 32 Bit. It's hooked up to a Synology DS211J Nas.

I have DXVA acceleration enabled in the system settings of XBMC and it runs everything like butter even 3D blu-rays.

I think the best option would be to give an option to not sync the library upon connection and just make it manual. I don't know about other people, but I have tendency to browse my collection in xbmc anyway instead of looking through the app. So I would rather have the remote function work without an issue over having an updated library on my phone. Having an option I think would satisfy everyone. Although slowing it down might help, but I couldn't tell you without trying it.

Smile
Anyway to browse the icefilms library on this remote? Or any other add-ins for that matter? So I can choose the program on the remote rather than on screen
Addiosamigo Wrote:Anyway to browse the icefilms library on this remote? Or any other add-ins for that matter? So I can choose the program on the remote rather than on screen

You can activate any plugin/addon from the remote (pull down the remote control area) and touch the "Puzzle" icon (next to the keyboard) and it opens a smaller section where you can touch the "+/-" and add them. This wont bring up there interface in Constellation, but will automatically send XBMC to it and you can navigate from there...
lethic99 Wrote:It is not custom. I just scrape it with another program (SickBeard, etc) which pulls from thetvdb.com for instance. They are standard jpg. I don't let XBMC crawl and do the scrape, so I was wondering if this was the reason I see no artwork in the app? Everything renders as expected on XBMC on the PC and in other remote applications, just not XBMC Constellation (which is the one I want to use, and buy [if I can get artwork working]).

Thanks.

Just a hunch as I've not got round to sorting my music lib out yet but doesn't xbmc normally store thumbs as .tbn and this is the problem? You could try letting xbmc scrape some of the media files from a test directory so not to screw up your lib and see if it likes those better
Thank you for a great application! I mainly use XBMC for music, and I have a proposal for a new feature in Constallation:

It is very easy to destroy a carefully built-up playlist simply by making one wrong click. If you have ever had friends over and used the ipad to control the music at a party you know what I mean: your initial playlist is completely gone after 2 minutes Eek
The fix is simple (and available in many DJ/Jukebox applications): Add a "freeze" button to the playlist page. When this is enabled, it is not possible to move to another song simply by clicking it (and at the same time destroying the playlist). The only way to move to the next song is to click "next". You can still add, delete and reorder entries in the playlist, the only feature disabled is directly jumping to another entry.

With this simple fix you have turned Constellation into fully functional jukebox for parties, and you can safely allow your friends to edit the playlist without the risk of having it destroyed. You can not prevent them from making bad music choices though...Angry

Again, Thanks for a great remote Big Grin
Hi, I purchased ths app for my iPad 2. How do I get the full version on my iPhone 4, I tried deleting and redownloading but it still has the ads .

Note. On iPhone I clock on the *pro button then restore pro for iPhone. But it asks me to buy again for €3.99 euro

GREAT app btw!! Fast & full of some really slick features!
Gary
Git74 Wrote:Hi, I purchased ths app for my iPad 2. How do I get the full version on my iPhone 4, I tried deleting and redownloading but it still has the ads .

Note. On iPhone I clock on the *pro button then restore pro for iPhone. But it asks me to buy again for €3.99 euro

GREAT app btw!! Fast & full of some really slick features!
Gary

Click restore purchase, it will then ask you if you want to buy the app, click yes, it will then tell you you have already purchased it and ask you to click download to download it again for free
jfreud Wrote:Appletv (black, silver remote) - xbmc pre-11, june
Constellation 1.9.1 on ipad 2
/J

what is the exact date of the version of xbmc you are using compiled?

Info can be found under system info
Hi,

really love the remote. There are just two things I'm missing in the feature list Smile
The ability to sort the album view by artists and search for artists in the album view. Would this be possible to implement or am I'm missing the option somewhere?
Thanks in advance!
Found the answer to my question on the forum
I purchased the full version of the app for both my iphone 4 and my ipad 2. It works fine on the iphone 4 but it won't connect at all on the ipad 2. I auto-discovered the host and all the other info is exactly the same in the configuration for both devices. Anyone have any idea how to get it working on my ipad 2? Thanks.
Also I did the check on my computer to see if the host was working by doing http://computername.local:8080 and it works fine. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.