Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Burbulence Wrote:here

so I need to only Pro version ? no problem Smile

or should I rollback to previous version of CE wich will be hard because I just start using Eden and my first installed version of Cinema Experience on Eden is
CE for Eden Version 2.0.53 -> http://www.mediafire.com/file/3s3l2g3pvm...2.0.53.zip
castortray Wrote:so I need to only Pro version ? no problem Smile

or should I rollback to previous version of CE wich will be hard because I just start using Eden and my first installed version of Cinema Experience on Eden is
CE for Eden Version 2.0.53 -> http://www.mediafire.com/file/3s3l2g3pvm...2.0.53.zip

You should be able to find the older versions somewhere out there, I've not played with cinema experience so I'm not 100% sure, I'm just relaying what others have said on this forum! I might go and investigate it now though...

Ok so I just installed CE, set it to 5 trailers, trivia on, movie intro video on 1... Picked a random movie in constellation, tapped popcorn button and bang... Straight in, didnt see the random intro video or trivia, but as ive not used the app before i dont know when to expect them... Anyhow the cocept seems to work here.

I have atv2 running 4.3
Xbmc Eden beta 1
Constellation universal pro 1.91
CE 2.0.53
Hi,

I'm all connected fine and working correctly. Except one small issue, if I close the IPAD and then open it again constellation wants to reconnects and then does, I believe by the alert message on the screen it has, but it still takes a good 10-20 seconds before any of the buttons on the remote I press will start to work, so If I want to go to the next episode some times I'm waiting 10-20 seconds to be able to change to the next epsiode. Is this normal?

I have a Billion router plugged into a powerline adapter which is then plugged into the HTPC.

Thanks.
Hello Constellation Dev Team,

I just downloaded and installed the free version of Constellation for my iPhone 4 running iOS 5. A few comments:

1. Was able to easily configure XBMC, and can connect via iPhone with both HTTP and TCP. Green light at top. Great work on the ease of this.
2. Was able to download video and tv libraries, no problem. Nice work here, too.
3. BIG PROBLEM: The interface is not at all intuitive. I can browse into my movies and hit the play button, but that is the ONLY button that works. None of the other buttons work. And, by the way, why is there no stop button, or ff/rew? Pause? Anything? Am I missing something?
4. BIG PROBLEM #2: Where is the help? I'm trying to understand what I SHOULD be able to do, and it's really frustrating not being able to determine whether it's user error or if it's (not) working as expected.

Full disclosure, I did not read through this entire thread.

Running XBMC 10.1 (XBMC live), compiled March 9, 2011.

Thanks!
lethic99 Wrote:It is not custom. I just scrape it with another program (SickBeard, etc) which pulls from thetvdb.com for instance. They are standard jpg. I don't let XBMC crawl and do the scrape, so I was wondering if this was the reason I see no artwork in the app? Everything renders as expected on XBMC on the PC and in other remote applications, just not XBMC Constellation (which is the one I want to use, and buy [if I can get artwork working]).

Thanks.

Any suggestions on what to try?
dallasf Wrote:I'm all connected fine and working correctly. Except one small issue, if I close the IPAD and then open it again constellation wants to reconnects and then does, I believe by the alert message on the screen it has, but it still takes a good 10-20 seconds before any of the buttons on the remote I press will start to work, so If I want to go to the next episode some times I'm waiting 10-20 seconds to be able to change to the next epsiode. Is this normal?
Pending on your current hardware, this is normal (and not Constellation's fault) it's due to the way the JSON API works. You can go into your Apple Settings on the iPad and turn off the notification that gets sent by Constellation. This will remove the pop-up box from XBMC if you don't like it. (It most likely will NOT change any stutter/delay issue as that's hardware/JSON/etc.)

Ansyhrrian Wrote:Hello Constellation Dev Team,

I just downloaded and installed the free version of Constellation for my iPhone 4 running iOS 5. A few comments:

1. Was able to easily configure XBMC, and can connect via iPhone with both HTTP and TCP. Green light at top. Great work on the ease of this.
2. Was able to download video and tv libraries, no problem. Nice work here, too.
3. BIG PROBLEM: The interface is not at all intuitive. I can browse into my movies and hit the play button, but that is the ONLY button that works. None of the other buttons work. And, by the way, why is there no stop button, or ff/rew? Pause? Anything? Am I missing something?
4. BIG PROBLEM #2: Where is the help? I'm trying to understand what I SHOULD be able to do, and it's really frustrating not being able to determine whether it's user error or if it's (not) working as expected.

Thanks!

3.) The iPhone version is getting it's GUI overhauled in an upcoming version. If you read post 478 it explains what you're overlooking.
4.) If you can either post here or PM me a list of your question on what you think should happen, etc. I can try to explain the stuff... and it'll probably give a better idea of areas to focus on when Burb and I continue to expand the Wiki article(s) about it.

Wiki Page = Here
lethic99 Wrote:Any suggestions on what to try?

I'd have to look into it more... but you can try to remove the database from Constellation, close, and re-open the app so it pulls from scratch to see if it works. (My HTPC uses the data grabbed via SickBeard as well and it the images show in Const. fine).
Request: Can you please add a clean library and quit app button? So it quits xbmc and goes to desktop. Thanks.
Is there any plans on adding the PVR support to the iPhone version?
tsp42 Wrote:Is there any plans on adding the PVR support to the iPhone version?

As far as I know, it's part of the redesign they are already working on for the iPhone version.
NaDs Wrote:also just come across this app

looks great!

was just wondering with the youtube functions was there the ability to log into your own account to watch favorites and subscriptions etc...

if not is this something that might be added down the track??

thanks

no ETA for this but it's planed

castortray Wrote:anyone have an issue with Cinema Experience ?

for me Cinema Experience is working OK directly on Eden, but I cannot run it from Constellation Sad
hmm just tested and it's broken will get it fixed in the new build

Ansyhrrian Wrote:Hello Constellation Dev Team,

Thanks!
The button work only in eden. The iPhone app is going throw rough times with us now Wink Expect some big improvements in this area

dabba Wrote:Request: Can you please add a clean library and quit app button? So it quits xbmc and goes to desktop. Thanks.

sure.

tsp42 Wrote:Is there any plans on adding the PVR support to the iPhone version?
Work in progress

@all:
Happy new year ! Wink
dabba Wrote:Request: Can you please add a clean library and quit app button? So it quits xbmc and goes to desktop. Thanks.

Hi

You can create your own buttons in the remote area that would do these, I use quit XBMC back to desktop, but not sure about clean library
First of all I love this app and I enjoy the fact that it is only going to get better. On the Commands Management screen I have set up a few buttons to quickly powerdown, switch to kiosk mode, and update the video library (all of which fall into the XBMC Builtin Function category) and work great. The safe button implementation is genius too.

My issue is adding a standard key. For instance, I wanted to add a button to bring up the debug screen (O) or the context menu © but when I add those nothing happens when I press them. Seems like all keyboard function isn't working. More than likely I am not doing something right so if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.
Ansyhrrian Wrote:3. BIG PROBLEM: The interface is not at all intuitive. I can browse into my movies and hit the play button, but that is the ONLY button that works. None of the other buttons work. And, by the way, why is there no stop button, or ff/rew? Pause? Anything? Am I missing something?

the buttons you are looking for are in a pull down menu located at the top, but because of ios 5's notifications screen it's not as easy to do no, you need to click and drag just to the left or right of the notifications tab to get at the menu, see screenshots below.

here is the menu being pulled down

here is the entire menu inclding gesture zone
can you add also new languages/translation for contellation ?