Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I browse my tv shows its showing banners and not posters. I am assuming this is something I have set wrong in xbmc not constellation. What could it be I have messed with the use banner instead of poster thing but to no avail.
Fss

I love the plex version I have this working for xbmc and plex.

I would a version that pulls down data for boxee box as well

Are you planning to release a version

I would buy it
FSS_Dawid Wrote:those are vKey commands(text box only) if you i.e. hold down the shift key on iDevice and pres O you will get the debug while playing a movie....

To clarify: when I create a text box command in the Constellation 'Commands management' menu the 'XBMC Builtin Function' commands work fine, e.g. 'Mute' and 'Quit'. However the 'XBMC Standard key' commands are ignored, e.g. 'P' (pause), 'M' (OSD), or 'F' (FastForward).

The same commands entered with my keyboard on my Windows PC running XBMC work fine.

Dawid, about hold down the shift key on iDevice and pres O, do you mean using the generic iPad keyboard available through Constellation's keyboard icon? XBMC ignores any Constellation keyboard input I give it.
nicknacc Wrote:When I browse my tv shows its showing banners and not posters. I am assuming this is something I have set wrong in xbmc not constellation. What could it be I have messed with the use banner instead of poster thing but to no avail.

Ok go to files and bring up context menu for tv shows hit change content, hit settings and enable prefer posters. You will probably need to remove and rescan your library though to get posters instead of banners.
Using Eden Beta 1 I'm having an issue with TV Tunes playing out of the iPad speaker, the issue is that it does not stop when I finish browsing the TV Show and I can end up with multiple playing if I browse through my shows!

Had this app since day 1 and am still very impressed.

Mark
Gents,

I just wanted to say awesome job on the app! It works like a charm 95% of the time. I know this thread has mentioned issues with the stuttering problem but was wondering if there will be a release to perhaps allow the JSON connection to be applied manually when needed? I know it is not a Constellation issue but an XBMC issue.

Since upgrading to Eden Beta the stuttering has gotten worse and can take up to 30 seconds to a minute to sort itself. I want my other friends to see this app and start buying it for home use with their XBMC's, but for those that have seen it in action this appears to be a show stopper (literally) for them.

Is there any way you guys can work with the folks at XBMC to try and resolve the stuttering issue or at least minimize it. The two platforms together would be a formidable media centre experience!

Other than that the app is awesome - keep up the fine work! Big Grin

I am running the following:
  • Sapphire AMD E350 Dual 1.6 Ghz CPU/APU
  • 8GB RAM
  • 60 GB SSD
  • Windows 7 Ultimate X64
  • All video streamed from Windows Server 2008
Awsome app guys!

Just one thing. Shall the app auto connect on the iphone 4S if you have it connected and then let the phone be for some minutes and the open the app again?

Mine just do it if I have not touched the phone for a longer time like 30 min or so.

When this happens i have to take up configure & manage page and click on the host again to connect even though it says that it is connected but its not. And then when it connects again the status changes to not connected but it works anyway.

Am I alone with this problem?

Thanks for a great app

//Nicklas
Burbulence Wrote:Ok go to files and bring up context menu for tv shows hit change content, hit settings and enable prefer posters. You will probably need to remove and rescan your library though to get posters instead of banners.

Thanks in advance! Another question maybe bug, after I watch a tv show or something and it sits for a while, my xbmc naturally dims. The problem is that I pic a movie and the screen doesn't come out of dim mode, I would have to go to that remote thing and press left or right to wake it up. I'm sure I could just take off sleep mode but whatevs.

2. About how long CDROM initiating the apps should the json connection be green. Mine takes prob 10-15 seconds without doing any port forwarding. Should it be immediate or am I good?

3. What does wake on LAN mean?
nicknacc Wrote:Thanks in advance! Another question maybe bug, after I watch a tv show or something and it sits for a while, my xbmc naturally dims. The problem is that I pic a movie and the screen doesn't come out of dim mode, I would have to go to that remote thing and press left or right to wake it up. I'm sure I could just take off sleep mode but whatevs.

2. About how long CDROM initiating the apps should the json connection be green. Mine takes prob 10-15 seconds without doing any port forwarding. Should it be immediate or am I good?

3. What does wake on LAN mean?

1.In settings, appearance (I think) you can set xbmc screensaver to off if you want then it won't dim.

2. Not sure on that as I don't really use the CD drive, anyoneHuh

3. WOL is a command that can be sent to a computer that has gone to sleep, which will wake the computer remotely, it has to be set up properly to work.
Eriol Wrote:To clarify: when I create a text box command in the Constellation 'Commands management' menu the 'XBMC Builtin Function' commands work fine, e.g. 'Mute' and 'Quit'. However the 'XBMC Standard key' commands are ignored, e.g. 'P' (pause), 'M' (OSD), or 'F' (FastForward).

The same commands entered with my keyboard on my Windows PC running XBMC work fine.

Dawid, about hold down the shift key on iDevice and pres O, do you mean using the generic iPad keyboard available through Constellation's keyboard icon? XBMC ignores any Constellation keyboard input I give it.

I did some more messing around with this and all 'Standard Key' buttons work as mentioned on my Apple TV2 installation (user-created Commands Management buttons and generic keyboard presses) but the same exact buttons don't work in my other 3 Windows installations.

I went through the settings and tried to see if there was something set on the Apple TV that wasn't for Windows but nothing I tried worked.

Anyone have any ideas where I could look next? Thanks!
I just cant get JSON to connect on 9090. So i can play individual tv episodes, but the main control doesn't work (presuming this is where json os required)

On Win7 x64 dharma
zjqj Wrote:I just cant get JSON to connect on 9090. So i can play individual tv episodes, but the main control doesn't work (presuming this is where json os required)

On Win7 x64 dharma

Try Eden
Thanks for the suggestion. Actually, I've just realised why I was getting the JSON RPC disconnected status...

I read in the setup instructions:
"TCP: In System/Settings/Network/Services activate Allow programs on this system to control XBMC for localhost access only and Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC for access from other computers as well"
but initially I couldn't see either of these settings and presumed it was from an older version of XBMC and just carried on.
So just after my previous post it occurred to me at I was using a non-standard skin (Ellipsis, which is a great skin), so I switched to the default (confluence) and there were the settings, so I enabled them and the JSON RPC connected immediately. Once that happened I switched back to Ellipsis and the universe returned to a harmonious state. Smile
FREAKING AUTOCORRECT IPAD.

i didnt mean cdrom lol

i meant to say how long does it take json to connect for you guys . mine is about 10-20 seconds. is thisnormal? the http is green right away. should i do port forwarding or is this the quickest?
Hi FSS Dawid!

Thanks for this app! I bought the Pro Version and I'm a little bit disappointed.
I thought I could interact completely with my Addons which I added to my favorites but it doesn't work.

Could I request this feature?

In my case I use the sabnzbd addon to browse through my RSS feeds and to set up some downloads.

Would there be the possibility to interact with the addon by getting the menus from this addon to XBMC Constellation and to hit "Enter" if I decide to download it?

I hope you know what I mean.. this would be really great, cuz I could organize my downloads from everywhere on a elegant way..

Kind regards,
Jarek