Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Hibernated - now no XBMC!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hope someone can help me here!

I was running the latest stable release of XBMC live (10.1 “Dharma”) on my Dell optiplex 745 using a 256MB PEGATRON HD 3450 LowProfile HDMI PCI-Express Card to view via HDMI.

Everything has been working fine for a few weeks, but today I decided to hibernate the system for the first time instead of switching it off. When I came back in and turned it on I had a black screen and nothing more.

No problem, I thought rather naively, a quick reboot will sort this.

It didn't!!

Bugger, I thought, time to reinstall. So a quick reinstall later and......the exact same problem. I've tried a further two reinstalls, and each time after starting I get the XBMC logo but then my tv tells me there's no signal to display.

PLEASE HELP!!!! I've got some films planned to watch this weekend!

I'm guessing that something has gone wrong with the resolution (it was setup at 720p) but I can't get into XBMC to change this - is there a way to reset it?
Update: I plugged it into an old monitor I had lying around and reinstalled - now I can change the resolution settings. Is there an easier way of doing this just incase it happens again?