Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LIVE] connects to wifi, but no SSH, transmission daemon etc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
recently my Acer Revo XBMC LIVE (10.1 9th mar 2011) has been doing something odd. it's def connected to my router, YouTube works and i can see it connected when i log into my router's settings. SMB share is also working as i can see the machine in my network devices on my computer, but SSH will not connect, my Transmission and Squeezebox servers i can't load up in my web browser, and my iPhone remote can't control it. So it's connected, but it seems as though certain ports or doors are closed. As far as i know, i don't have Wake On Lan or any extra trimmings that i've added outside of the defaulty install. I use wicd-curses (think thats what its called) to connect wirelessly. Anybody know what's going on?
you mean you cannot ssh into your xbmc machine? are you sure, that sshd is running?
can you ping your xbmc machine from the other hosts on the network?
Do have a AV running
I have to config the firewall in Kaspersky to make it all work 100%
I have to agree with snipex sounds like there's no ssh server running.
i dont know why sshd would not be running, it used to and now it isn't without me touching anything. how do i check? would that explain why both the transmission daemon and squeezebox server stopped working too?
Its late here I need to rest my head, I suggest you google for this

how to restart openssh-server

restart transmission service

google that squeezybox juice thing restart service

and you get the jist, but to answer your question, no ssh server not running would not explain the other stuff not running, perhaps you upgraded something that broke it
sshd and other "server stuff" needs a network to be up. maybe your network is set up to start late, or only on login or whatever. too many possibilities to give a good answer.

A general tip: check your system logs(/var/log/), the reason should be in there.
hmmm, ok cheers guys.