Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Why does PS3 show "no items found" for music?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.

Just set up XBMC on my Mac (iMac, first aluminum generation), running Mac OS 10.6.8. XBMC version appears to be 10.1.

I just want to play music from my computer on my PS3.

I keep all my MP3s on an external drive in an orderly directory structure. I added the root of that structure to XBMC using "Add source", under Music.

After adding that source, I right-clicked on it in XBMC and picked "Scan item to library." It churned through the directories and files, and then finished.

From the PS3 I could now see the media server. Under Music, I'm able to see all the artists and albums, but when I go into any of them the PS3 simply displays "No items found" (or, suddenly, "No images found"). Under Songs it displays nothing at all; no titles and no indicator that anything's happening.

Any ideas out there? Thanks!
Never mind; it looks like I was under the Pictures menu on the PS3. I didn't know that media servers showed up in multiple places in the menu. This doesn't make sense, because the media-server menu already gives a choice between music and pictures.

That's Sony for ya.