Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Seeking for python programmers for new skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,
I would like to build a new skin but I have no python programming skills whatsoever.
I was wondering if anyone would like to team up with me to get something done together.
Cheers
-gg
You may have good/better luck if you presented a few skin mockups.
oh ok, cheers, will post some soon
You don't need any python knowledge to build a skin.
you need no programming skills?
Well anyways I need someone to team up with me because I also don't have the time to follow all the aspects of development.
I can dedicate myself to some graphics, but that's about it. Smile
xbmc's skins are read directly out of xml files... skinners/python developers= two very different things.

Make a mockup of what you want, and I bet you can get some help... there are some "empty skins"--template skins floating around these forums somewhere that can be used as a starting point. Editing them is really quite simple. Also, depending on what you want, it may simply be better to just modify an existing skin...

Also, stealing code from other skins is very easy and can dramatically increase your understanding of how the skinning engine works.
OK, I'm starting off these days so I wanted to ask a couple of things to the experts:
1. Is it possible to insert 3d objects in the skin?
2. I want to make the skin be able to display japanese fonts so I looked for some freeware unicode fonts to embed in the theme; It seems their aren't really any creative fonts out there that are good in Japanese AND Latin so I diverted to Kozuka Gothic Pro.
Looking at the adobe website it SEEMS I can embed it; just wanted an expert to confirm it for me before I start

here's the page:

http://www.adobe.com/type/browser/legal/...geula.html

Cheers
-gg