Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Set DNS Manually?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have set the DNS settings in the AppleTV UI as you would normally on an unjailbroken ATV2. However, when I go into settings within XBMC it doesn't show the DNS settings. Is this normal? Is there a way to set the DNS server via SSH? I don't see a normal etc/resolv.conf file I would expect in Unix?
idlerobbo Wrote:I have set the DNS settings in the AppleTV UI as you would normally on an unjailbroken ATV2. However, when I go into settings within XBMC it doesn't show the DNS settings. Is this normal? Is there a way to set the DNS server via SSH? I don't see a normal etc/resolv.conf file I would expect in Unix?

Have you looked in the Apple TV gui under the Settings? There are network settings in there.

EDIT: oops, missed half your post... yes I think it's normal, question I should've asked is why do you ask
yeah that's what I changed. just that when I look up the dns settings in xbmc it doesn't show this so I thought xbmc may be getting it's dns settings from another location?
No, xbmc uses the network connection of the AppleTV. There is no need to adjust anything inside xbmc.

EmKay
ok thanks for clearing that up.