Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ipad 2 - xbmc pre-11 (compled 06.23.11) --> Music will not play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Music won't play. I added smb share in file mode (not library). when I tap an artist the timer shows 00:01/xx:xx, and xbmc semi freezes up. requiring restart. should i post debug? if so, how (new to the ipad version). delete music.db? if so, where is it? thanks!Eek
fixed. mp3 player is broke I guess? switched to dvd player in advancedsettings.xml. now onward to figuring out why sd xvid load so slowly over network and tend to bog xbmc down whereas 720 h.264 mkvs are far faster. confused on that one, haha!
Hi, I dont understand how did you fix it? I have the same sound problem for mp3 and I dont find any advancedsettings.xml in my xbmc folderHuh?? But Video and video sound is Ok
pusha Wrote:Hi, I dont understand how did you fix it? I have the same sound problem for mp3 and I dont find any advancedsettings.xml in my xbmc folderHuh?? But Video and video sound is Ok

advancedsettings.xml don't exist, you need to create it yourself.
Please refer to http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml for instructions.

Cheers,

Zenshi.
I've got this problem to, can someone explain how to fix thisHuh??
babanoosh Wrote:fixed. mp3 player is broke I guess? switched to dvd player in advancedsettings.xml. now onward to figuring out why sd xvid load so slowly over network and tend to bog xbmc down whereas 720 h.264 mkvs are far faster. confused on that one, haha!

Yeah thanks babanoosh I guess the daplayer is faulty.
Just create the file advancedsettings.xml in the following folder 'var/mobile/Libarary/Preferences/XBMC/userdata' on your ipad, place the code below in it and you will have music playback.

<advancedsettings>
<audio>
<!-- Amount of headroom XBMC should use above the maximum volume level, in decibels. Defaults to

0, valid values 0, 6, 12. -->
<headroom>0</headroom>
<!-- Default audio player: paplayer or dvdplayer (or mplayer on Xbox) -->
<defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
<excludefromscan> <!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be added to library.

-->
<regexp>[-\._ ](podcast)[-\._ ]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
<excludefromlisting> <!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be displayed in

Files View -->
<regexp>[-\._ ](podcast)[-\._ ]</regexp>
</excludefromlisting>
<!-- Amount of gain (dB) to be applied to AC3 streams that have been mixed-down to 2 channels.

Default is 12.0. Valid values are: -96.0 to 96.0. -->
<ac3downmixgain>12.0</ac3downmixgain>
<playcountminimumpercent>99</playcountminimumpercent> <!-- Minimum percentage that has to be

played before it is considered for incrementing in the Top 100 database view, or for last.fm

submittal -->
<resample>48000</resample> <!-- Force a specific samplerate to be produced by paplayer to send to

the audio hardware, i.e HDMI Audio is usually only capable of 48000. This doesn't work on XBox-->
<applydrc>true</applydrc> <!-- Whether to use DRC on AC3 and DTS streams -->
<dvdplayerignoredtsinwav>false</dvdplayerignoredtsinwav> <!-- set to true to skip decoding of DTS

in wav files when using dvdplayer (10.10 only) -->
</audio>
</advancedsettings>
what would be cool is to get it to play the music in the background while surf or use another app.