Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Onkyo / MCE Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I've got an odd problem, just got an MCE compatible remote (a Trust RC-2400) and got it working fine with some edits to keymap.xml to get context menu and a few others working.

Whats strange is when I then use that to program my Onkyo universal remote (from a TX-NR3007 receiver, remote model RC-747M), only the first key press registers.

What I mean by this is if I press down, XBMC moves down in the list of movies. If I press it again, it doesnt register. If I then press up, it registers, up again doesnt. I can go up>down>up>down as many times as I like, but not up>up or down>down.

HuhHuh??! The IR receiver flashes, so the command is being received, it just doesnt do anything. The original remote works fine though.

Any ideas?
Also just tried programming with a normal MCE remote (the common shape silver one) and that does the same (but also works fine directly).
Oh and it's not restricted to up and down... Its and 2nd key press of the same key
If you enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging XBMC records all keypresses, so you can see exactly what XBMC is receiving. Whether this will help is debatable as it looks as though the problem lies with the Onkyo remote.

A quick way to open the debug log is to press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. If you want us to look at the log, copy and paste the log into pastebin.com and post the link it gives you here.

JR
Thanks for this sorry for the late reply. It wasnt XBMC in the end, it was the remote. Odd one, I got a new MC remote with a new case and that worked just fine.