Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Looks like its working removed the trailing slash of the handbrake path, i'll post back if/when it finishes but once again cheers mate for the help Smile
(2012-12-04, 22:13)wints Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like its working removed the trailing slash of the handbrake path, i'll post back if/when it finishes but once again cheers mate for the help Smile

Right on you should be good to go from now on Smile
Hi,

I wonder if anybody can help. I have followed the instructions, and also tried the updated script, and whenever I try and launch it from XBMC all I get is a "script failed: add-on.py" error on the bottom right. I am currently on beta 3 of Frodo but have also tried the stable release of Eden with no success. The script works if I execute the LaunchAutoRipDVD by itself but never when I do it in XBMC. I cannot find the solution to this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

(2012-12-10, 21:50)rossl1986 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I wonder if anybody can help. I have followed the instructions, and also tried the updated script, and whenever I try and launch it from XBMC all I get is a "script failed: add-on.py" error on the bottom right. I am currently on beta 3 of Frodo but have also tried the stable release of Eden with no success. The script works if I execute the LaunchAutoRipDVD by itself but never when I do it in XBMC. I cannot find the solution to this problem.

Add-on.py errors have nothing to do with this program... Those errors are purely on Advanced Launcher...More than likely you need to get the advanced launcher from Angelscry repo. instead of the official repo. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85724

You probably need to purge advance launcher before updating also... which involves deleting the folders advanced launcher uses in the User data folder.
(2012-12-10, 21:50)rossl1986 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Have you tried running anything else with the Advanced Launcher? Your current version may not be up to date for Frodo Beta 3 or even Eden if you haven't updated it in a long time.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1261664

Others have had some issues with the latest beta.
(2012-12-03, 06:33)kyrios2021 Wrote: [ -> ]AutoRIPDVD Code : Here
Advanced.bat (needed for advanced mode): Here

Update to my previous code:

- You can now choose advanced mode each time you rip
- You can now choose all the options in the beginning so Advanced mode after inputs is fully automated
-All Variables that were set in the original code should carry over to the Advanced.bat ( at least they do for me in testing)

Example:
LaunchAutoRIPDVD from XBMC

The option to do Advanced mode pops up.

Advanced mode interaction:

Rip to MKV:

Encode With Handbrake:

Choose Image Quality:

Keep Original:

"no picture"

After inputing above options the script will run automatically with the supplied criteria

Work in Progress
Working on an effective way to select a mkv if more than one is present after ripping
-This is really for people who want a specific mkv that's not the (largest mkv)

****** Once again this script was made by SpinalCrack and also Akevit
I have only further modified my version and added some additions.

If you have any questions let me know. Once again yay to spinalcrack!

Haven't been checking in, but cool stuff -- looks good. I just thought I was mention for anyone that didn't know, MakeMKV is free while in beta, updated 'purchase' codes get put on the forum every few months. The current one can be found here: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
Thanks for the help guys. I had already tried to use the unofficial Angelscry repo for the launcher (1.10.7) and I get the same thing. I have now tried to delete the folder that advanced launcher uses for userdata and re-installing from the Angelscry repo but still no joy.

On the plus side advanced launcher is working with other executables (Internet Explorer for example). When I add in the AutoripDVD.exe, I should be adding it in as a standalone right? I don't get this error if I use the file launcher option, however nothing happens either.

Would it help if I posted the log file?

Thanks again.
Yes stand alone and point it to "LaunchAutoRipDVD.exe"
Found the solution. It was a problem with Windows 8. Windows 8 seems to make everything in the program files folder a read only file by default. On top of this my user did not have permission to write to the AutoRipDVD folder, only read access. By changing these, the script worked first time with advanced launcher. I found this out by looking at the xbmc.log.

Anyways, thanks for the help guys much appreciated.
(2012-12-11, 05:15)rossl1986 Wrote: [ -> ]Found the solution. It was a problem with Windows 8. Windows 8 seems to make everything in the program files folder a read only file by default. On top of this my user did not have permission to write to the AutoRipDVD folder, only read access. By changing these, the script worked first time with advanced launcher. I found this out by looking at the xbmc.log.

Anyways, thanks for the help guys much appreciated.

Oh! Glad you got it resolved Smile
Hi back again lol, i'm trying to rip my Star Trek DS9 dvd collection using kyrios script but once i've finished going through the advanced setup it just gives my a loud beep and does nothing any ideas? cheers

Forgot to say its working great with Blu-Ray ripping
(2012-12-16, 14:05)wints Wrote: [ -> ]Hi back again lol, i'm trying to rip my Star Trek DS9 dvd collection using kyrios script but once i've finished going through the advanced setup it just gives my a loud beep and does nothing any ideas? cheers

Forgot to say its working great with Blu-Ray ripping

Wints have you adjusted the "Minlength"from 3600 to something lower, Tv shows are normally 20+ min where 3600 seconds is one hour.
Hi kyrios, no i haven't I will try that and let you know, thanks for the support Smile

One more thing if i may but could the option to select whether its a tv show or film you want to rip could be added to your script? thanks
(2012-12-17, 15:54)wints Wrote: [ -> ]Hi kyrios, no i haven't I will try that and let you know, thanks for the support Smile

One more thing if i may but could the option to select whether its a tv show or film you want to rip could be added to your script? thanks

i'm already in the process of a few new options, One of which is the handleing of tv shows in advanced mode. Should have a new script out sometime in the next few days after testing
Oh nice1 mate Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24