Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Current nightly video database version: 54
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As of July 8th, 2011, The latest nightly database version is 54.

Code:
mysql> use xbmc_video;
Database changed
mysql> select idVersion from version;
+-----------+
| idVersion |
+-----------+
|        54 |
+-----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

... which means I was again unable to connect to the DB with my ATV2 clients when I upgraded XBMC on my Linux server to the July 8th build.

Code:
$ dpkg-query  --list  | grep xbmc
ii  xbmc                                  2:11.0~git20110708.851d441-0ubuntu1~ppa1~natty XBMC Media Center (arch-independent data package)
ii  xbmc-bin                              2:11.0~git20110708.851d441-0ubuntu1~ppa1~natty XBMC Media Center (binary data package)
rc  xbmc-data                             2:10.1~ppa1~maverick                           XBMC Media Center (arch-independent data package)

However, by downgrading the version from within MySQL

Code:
mysql> update version set idVersion=53;
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)
Rows matched: 1  Changed: 1  Warnings: 0

.... things appear to work just fine on the ATV2 clients. The problem remains, of course that whenever I start XBMC on the Linux box, idVersion gets upgraded again.

What changed between version 53 and 54 Huh

Should we make this (or a similar thread) sticky, updating the thread title whenever the version change ?

Also, is there a changelog that describes the different database versions ?
I'd like to write a little script which updates compares the database version in the most recent git revision to my local db and optionally installs the latest build from the team-xbmc-unstable repository if the DB version hasn't changed.

I keep the source code up-to-date on my server so I have access to the most recent changes.

Is the following a safe assumption to be made ?

If xbmc/xbmc/video/VideoDatabase.h has not changed since the last nightly build, then the database version is unchanged.

Or better yet, is this the ultimate source of truth ?

Code:
virtual int GetMinVersion() const { return 54; };

(line 730 in VideoDatabase.h)
That is the ultimate source of truth, yes.

And what changed was some indicies were modified in order to deal with retrieving bookmarks from videos faster.
I wish there was a way to know what version any given build of XBMC uses before your install it. I have two live machines and one Windows machine and I can never seem to get the the two system on a build with the same db version. It has completely stopped me from upgrading XBMC past Stable since that is the only build I can find that uses the same db version for both Windows and Live.
when in doubt backup, so anything undesired can be restored with no adverse effects.
Yah, I do that, but it's still a pain. I have to find a Live build (which is a whole other issue since there are no nightlies for what seems like forever) and install and run it. Then download the closest Windows build I can find and install and run it hoping it likes the same db version. If it doesn't, then I have to restore both XBMC builds back to what they were before and then restore my backed up database. That's just a bunch of hassle when you don't even know if it's going to work.
they dont make xbmclive installers for nightlies, you have unstable ppa, 3rd party ppa's (which are the nightlies) or compile options, I compile and works out perfect. Also you cant expect XBMC pre-eden to be completely compatible with old db's I deleted them all and started again, it was faster and I prefer to run mainline GIT compiles than to wait for a year or more for a "stable" xbmc release.

also I noticed this on your first post

Quote:$ dpkg-query --list | grep xbmc
ii xbmc 2:11.0~git20110708.851d441-0ubuntu1~ppa1~natty XBMC Media Center (arch-independent data package)
ii xbmc-bin 2:11.0~git20110708.851d441-0ubuntu1~ppa1~natty XBMC Media Center (binary data package)
rc xbmc-data 2:10.1~ppa1~maverick XBMC Media Center (arch-independent data package)
natty 2:11.0 packages and maverick 2:10.1 packages? no wonder it fucked up at all.