Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Live splash screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there. I am new to this xbmc live thing. Basically i want to install this on a Asrock ION 330. I would like to have it so that when i switch the unit on it will not show anything (black screen) then show the xbmc logo once it is almost loaded. I do not want all this grub text to show... not exactly what i want for a HTPC. I want it to look like a media player not a pc if that makes sense?

I have researched the asrock with regards to turning the bios logo off... this from what i have read, is possible... black screen or custom logo.

If anyone could help and confirm this can be done, would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Big Grin
Hi and welcome

if you turn off the asrock bios logo you will get post messages or txt intead of logo, I dont think thers a black screen for bios. If there is it eluded me for 2 years on th 330 HT model.

For the vanilla asrock there is a "hacked" bios with new screens, but isince mine is not compatible I never tried.

As for actual XBMCLive splash screens there's plenty around.

for that you will need to search forums or google.
There's no much you can do about the BIOS/POST messages indeed, except enabling the mobo boot logo. It will cover some or all of the post messages. Depends on your system and of course how long POST takes. You might also want to enable "Quick boot" in your BIOS if it hasn't been already.

As for grub, you can also use GRUB splash screens, but I've never done that, except a long time ago with grub1, just for the eye candy. Google will have some answers for you on this one.
Thanks for the reply. My plan was to just create a .jpeg comprising of just a black background and flash the bios using this... basically creating a black screen in a different way considering it is not possible to just disbale all the text.
Does that make sense?Blush
you have to decompile the bios image replace the screen with equivalent bit depth image and format and recompile bios and flash, and hope you dont fuck it up.
Sounds like a stupid thing to do, but I hope you succeed and don't brick your HTPC.
well the sell bios chips on ebay for the asrock ion's however, its highly risky to be doing this, clearly you dont understand what's entailed, and my vote is with LB06, I do hope you dont end up bricking your HTPC if you do suceed lets us know if you dont, you need a bios chip http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BIOS-Chip-ASROCK-I...0194029519

I rather leave it alone tbh.

if you really want to go ahead talk to this guy http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=56324