Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DVB-S2 Broadcasting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just saw this device:

http://var.abptech.com/s.nl/it.A/id.4856...gory=22903

Mega-expensive, but it appears to me to be an awesome device which would really help in an XBMC setup.

From my limited research, it appears to be a solid-state linux-driven device - does anyone know of the software that might be being used on the device?? Its purpose, as you can see by the above link, is to take an entire DVB-S2 Stream and convert that into an IP-multicast that can be then picked up by any number of devices capable of receiving the stream.

Has anyone seen this device before or similar devices Huh

Thanks!
I'm not sure but I think you can watch multiple channels on the same multiplex with VDR and TVHeadend.
hmm how about dvbstream? it can be used to stream the whole transponder.
It's been 3 years since i used it, first szap2 to lock on a channel on the transponder that i want to stream. Then dvbstream 8192 -i 192.168.1.100 -r 1234 i = ip addresses r = port 8192 = dummy PID to broadcast the entire transport stream.

Client: VLC
from command-line: vlc udp://@:1234

How about MuMuDVB? never used it before, it based on dvbstream.
Quote:MuMuDVB (Multi Multicast DVB) is a program for streaming TV over a network originally based on dvbstream.

MuMuDVB can redistribute a stream from a DVB source (digital satellite television, digital terrestrial television, or digital cable television) on a network, in multicast or in HTTP unicast. Its main feature is to take a whole transponder and put each channel on a different multicast group. MuMuDVB have a low memory and CPU footprint and is able to run on embedded platforms. RTSP streaming will be implemented in a near future.
Interesting...

OK, will do some research...!

Also found this... http://88.191.250.119/projects/dvblast.html

DVBlast.. from VideoLAN.

decaturguy Wrote:hmm how about dvbstream? it can be used to stream the whole transponder.
It's been 3 years since i used it, first szap2 to lock on a channel on the transponder that i want to stream. Then dvbstream 8192 -i 192.168.1.100 -r 1234 i = ip addresses r = port 8192 = dummy PID to broadcast the entire transport stream.

Client: VLC
from command-line: vlc udp://@:1234

How about MuMuDVB? never used it before, it based on dvbstream.