Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [request] updated librtmp for OS X
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I apologize for even making this request but given my current resources, setting up the required development machine is not an option at the moment. Can somebody compile and make available a more up to date version of librtmp so bluecops cable aggregator works while running on AppleTV1.

thank you.
I was going to request that myself, but you made it way clearer.
Thanks
Ahhh. I see now, I think. I guess I will either brave the nightlies or wait patiently. Thank you.
I've said it before and I will say it again. Upstream librtmp needs to push out a updated release tarball. Then and only then can we update which version we use for building nighties or debug releases.
EDIT: I mistaken. Sorry for getting anyone's hopes up.
okay well maybe im just retarded but how do i install this on atv1?
mynumbistongue Wrote:okay well maybe im just retarded but how do i install this on atv1?

I am not so sure a library complied for IOS would work on OS X.

In addition, from what i looked at, the current version of XBMC for appletv does not have a librtmp, or one that that i could find anyway. You could upgrade to the nightly and then then replace the file but again i am dubious a library compiled for IOS would work on OS X. (then again i don't do Mac development)

If Davilla says it is not an option at the moment I believe him. Such is life....
free11131975 Wrote:I am not so sure a library complied for IOS would work on OS X.

In addition, from what i looked at, the current version of XBMC for appletv does not have a librtmp, or one that that i could find anyway. You could upgrade to the nightly and then then replace the file but again i am dubious a library compiled for IOS would work on OS X. (then again i don't do Mac development)

If Davilla says it is not an option at the moment I believe him. Such is life....

oops, this is correct. I had read where someone said they had gotten this working on a desktop build of XBMC and I guess I just assumed they were using this same file. Checked again and they had actually built it themselves. It was Windows too, so it won't be of any help to anyone here. Sorry for the false alarm.