Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: WOL - Zotac Mag - very strange effect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Update: Problem solved. For anybody who uses the Zotac Mag:

With the latest bios version you must select smart fan control in the bios settings. Otherwise the CPU fan will stop spinning right away after coming out of any power save mode! This caused a CPU overheat on my system and it shut down.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm running XBMC live (Dharma) on a Zotac Mag (ION330). All runs properly, including Wake on LAN with the Android remote. At least on first sight.

When the PC is woken up over LAN xbmc starts as expected, but after 3-10 minutes it shuts down. I noticed that during this period the system seems to be heavy loaded, the graphic effects stutters and system is slow. The stuttering gets worse and worse and finally the PC goes off.

It does not matter if I use Android remote or another WOL program. And it happens only on WOL. If it's started manually everything runs smooth. It does also not matter if it was in S3, S4 or S5 mode. Under Windows 7 this effect does not occur, so it's probably not hardware related.

Any input appreciated!

JayBee
How did you get wake on lan working with the android remote on this machine? I have had no luck with it.

Thanks!

---------NEVERMIND, got it---------

Enabled Resume on Lan in the bios under Power->APM Settings

Followed this guide:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...8Ubuntu%29

Hope that helps someone else!