Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: What connection types supported for wallpapers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As per this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=837...count=2010

What connection types are available for background wallpapers via skinning?

I'm trying to set up my HTPC and 2 ATV's so that EVERYTHING is centralised on my NAS. Already got MySQL done, and Thumbnails done, but thumbnails file naming is a CRC based on their source, therefore I need to get all my wallpaper links from the same source. I've tried:

Quote: <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.home_custom_back_tvshow_folder">smb://user: [email protected]/MediaShare/Backgrounds/TVShows/</setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.home_custom_back_video_folder">smb://user: [email protected]/MediaShare/Backgrounds/Movies/</setting>

and

Quote: <setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.home_custom_back_tvshow_folder">ftp://user: [email protected]/MediaShare/Backgrounds/TVShows/</setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.aeon.nox.home_custom_back_video_folder">ftp://user: [email protected]/MediaShare/Backgrounds/Movies/</setting>

But neither seem to work - errors appearing in logs:

Quote:09:11:46 T:5420 M:4294967295 WARNING: XFILE::CFileCurl::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 9
09:11:46 T:5420 M:4294967295 ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
09:11:46 T:4860 M:4294967295 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting ftp://user: [email][email protected]:21/MediaShare/Backgrounds/Movies/aliens1080.jpg[/email]
09:11:46 T:4860 M:4294967295 ERROR: CGUIDialogFileBrowser::GetDirectory(ftp://user: [email][email protected]:21/MediaShare/Backgrounds/Movies/aliens1080.jpg[/email]) failed

Am I trying to do too much? Huh
Not quite sure what exactly you are trying to do and why, but have you tried using path substitution?

In your userdata folder make a new text document called "advancedsettings.xml" with the following content (if you already have this file, just add this text in there somewhere between the <advancedsettings> tags):

Here's an example of using path substitution for thumbnails, but it should work for a number of things:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <pathsubstitution>
    <substitute>
      <from>special://Thumbnails/</from>
      <to>smb://somecomputer/folder/etc/Thumbnails/</to>
    </substitute>
  </pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

special:// will equal anything in your userdata folder so that you don't have to set a network path manually in your other files.