Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Winlirc jumping steps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Here is my setup and my problem.
PC: Pentium e5700 x64, 2 gigs of ram, dont think other stuff is important.
IR receiver DIY - folowed instructions from winlirc page
WinLIRC version 0.8.7a
Remote - Sony 934 C ( I use remote base from winlirc page)
Event ghost to pick up commands from winlirc server
XBMC 10.1 Smile

Problem is that sometimes remote skips or sttuters I dont know how to say it right in english.
Problem is I press button gently for shor time (disable repit is set to 15) but xbmc
makes two or three steps (lets say I want to enter movies in xbmc) I press ok
and first movie in library starts Sad or I can not stop my home menu at tv shows it goes tu much up or down

Is this a problem in winlirc somehow or in my setup /ir receiver / remote base

if it is in winlirc - then I will live wit it, if it is in my setup would like to corect it somehow

Does any one else have this problem ?

thanks
I can really be dumb sometimes Smile, a week ago I was playing around with my event ghost and I crashed it .... for some reason I connected it to an old setting file and processor priority for winlirc was not set to "real time" ... changed it ...now it is ok Smile
yeah that is one of the problems with the serial receiver for winlirc. Since the signal timing is done on the cpu, and accurate timing is critical, processes that dominate the cpu will prevent winlirc from being able to properly time the signal changes. Strangely winlirc automatically sets the process priority to real time when sending, i guess there is no reason I couldn't try this for receiving as well.
well all I can say is thank you, sincerely Smile It works just fine now as is has for a long time, and a just think it a great thing. I dont know much abut electronic, never needed to read schematics or buy so much as a resistor but I was able to follow instructions from winlirc homepage and make IR receiver and program my first remote, latter I got one I am using now. Grate job and big thanks to all involved in project Smile