Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multi-Part Episodes... What am I doing wrong?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to have one video file scraped as 3 separate TV episodes.

I've read the wiki and every forum post that touches this subject, and for some reason nothing seems to be working for me. I'm at the end of my rope with this.

Could someone please share the following with me:
-A RegEx tag that will allow TheTVDB.com to scrape one file as 3 separate episodes.
-The naming convention that I should use.

My folder structure looks like this:

TV Show/Season 1/01 - Episode.avi

Many thanks in advance!!!!!
altoiddealer Wrote:I'm trying to have one video file scraped as 3 separate TV episodes.

I've read the wiki and every forum post that touches this subject, and for some reason nothing seems to be working for me. I'm at the end of my rope with this.

Could someone please share the following with me:
-A RegEx tag that will allow TheTVDB.com to scrape one file as 3 separate episodes.
-The naming convention that I should use.

My folder structure looks like this:

TV Show/Season 1/01 - Episode.avi

Many thanks in advance!!!!!

TVShowName.s01e01-02-03.avi should work
RazorFR Wrote:TVShowName.s01e01-02-03.avi should work

No dice No I tried with and without any RegEx defined in my advancedsettings.xml

Dexter'sLaboratory.s03e01-02-03.mkv scrapes as one episode: Season 3 Episode 1
Dexter'sLaboratory.s03e04-05-06.mkv scrapes as one episode: Season 1 Episode 3 Huh

I don't think it matters but I am running on OpenELEC

Thanks for the quick response regardless!
altoiddealer Wrote:No dice No I tried with and without any RegEx defined in my advancedsettings.xml

Dexter'sLaboratory.s03e01-02-03.mkv scrapes as one episode: Season 3 Episode 1
Dexter'sLaboratory.s03e04-05-06.mkv scrapes as one episode: Season 1 Episode 3 Huh

I don't think it matters but I am running on OpenELEC

Thanks for the quick response regardless!

I use Showname S01E01E02.avi and it works without any regex...at least in the linux version. Did you also try removing the apostrophe from the filename? Although thetvdb has it some operating systems have trouble with special characters. XBMC should be able to make the match without it.
"filename.s01e01 s01e02 s01e03.mkv" without the quotes, works for me...
I figured out what was going wrong this whole time.

I didn't realize that XBMC needs to be restarted every time advancedsettings.xml is changed!

RazorFR Wrote:TVShowName.s01e01-02-03.avi should work

Yep, this worked

PatK Wrote:"filename.s01e01 s01e02 s01e03.mkv" without the quotes, works for me...

This worked too

Dobyken Wrote:Did you also try removing the apostrophe from the filename?

Probably helped!

Thanks for the help guys! SOLVED Nod