Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How many shares can imhave on Home screen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

I'm brand new to XBMC and seem to have it all working great on my new Revo3700.

My question is can I have more than one source appear on the Home Screen?

Currently I have added one source to my share for Movies and this has automatically appeared in the Home Screen. I have added another source to my share called Kids Movies but it doesn't appear anywhere, however the movies are in the main "Movies" source.

I've tried both Confluence and Showmix.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
All your sources feed into the main library (library mode). From there you can filter by title, genre, animation, etc. I believe i have read that people have set different libraries (adults, kids) by setting up diff user profiles. Search for how tos in the forum.

There is a poor man's way of doing this which i have tried but doesnt use library mode (looks ugly) by using the HOMEMOD mod to create new items on the home page that are linked to specific sources by way of 'mark as favorites'
XBMC has a filemode which separates all sources, if you added various via add video source, it shows under - movies> files
My 1st Post lol

I did this by setting up play lists. I have my adult movies and kids movies in separate sub folders of my "my movies" folder. IE

-My Movies
--Kids movies
--Adult Movies

Then using a compatable skin like Aeon mq2 create video play lists using the "path starts with" option selecting kids for one and adult for the other.
Finally using this skin you can add new items to the main menu including the play lists you have entered.

There may well be other ways of doing this but this worked for me without having to go down the creating profiles route.

Hope it helps

Off Topic:
I have been lurking for a while but would like to say thank you to the whole XBMC community for this great program!
Well in that case you can ADD TO FAVORITES,with same effects.