Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC New Loading Problems ATV2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have been running XBMC for a couple months on the ATV2.
Yesterday when I turned on my television, I noticed that my 3 year old was pressing the button on the ATV2 remote. Somehow he installed "Update be gone" from Nito. I have no idea what else he pressed.

Anyways now I can't load into XBMC. I am running 4.2.1 (2100). When I go thru the main menu to XBMC and click it, it thinks for a second with a black screen then goes back to the ATV2 menu. It won't enter XBMC at all.

I have tried update XBMC first thru Nito. I uninstalled it thru Nito and then reinstalled it. It seems like it installs correct but XBMC doesn't works

Then I read thru the "[AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues" faqs first post. I uninstalled it thru Nito and tried installing it thru putty. Again seems like it installs correctly but XBMC doesn't work.

I then followed the XBMC Wiki on Install XBMC on ATV2. Again it doesn't work

Any ideas what else I could try?
Thanks
Seeka
Any ideas I should try
I don't think it removes your user preferences folder by default when you uninstall it. It sounds like corrupt or older version libraries to me. Try renaming the XBMC folder located in /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ to xbmc.old and let it build new databases on startup.
blueseeka Wrote:Have been running XBMC for a couple months on the ATV2.
Yesterday when I turned on my television, I noticed that my 3 year old was pressing the button on the ATV2 remote. Somehow he installed "Update be gone" from Nito. I have no idea what else he pressed.

Anyways now I can't load into XBMC. I am running 4.2.1 (2100). When I go thru the main menu to XBMC and click it, it thinks for a second with a black screen then goes back to the ATV2 menu. It won't enter XBMC at all.

I have tried update XBMC first thru Nito. I uninstalled it thru Nito and then reinstalled it. It seems like it installs correct but XBMC doesn't works

Then I read thru the "[AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial semi-nightly build FAQ/info/issues" faqs first post. I uninstalled it thru Nito and tried installing it thru putty. Again seems like it installs correctly but XBMC doesn't work.

I then followed the XBMC Wiki on Install XBMC on ATV2. Again it doesn't work

Any ideas what else I could try?
Thanks
Seeka

Hi there, i had exactly same problem on my atv2 as yours couple of days ago, did exaactly the same way as you did with no luck. finally i managed to upgrade it to firmware 4.3 and rejailbreak it with snowbreeze and intall all the software from nito tv. Now my xbmc atv2 runs perfectly fine.
Hope this help,

Good luck.
Thank you both. Followed Mecusar's steps and it worked. It did erase all my Add-ons and preferences etc but I am thrilled.
Thanks
Matt and Mecu