Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NFS support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Noticed a few more commits enabling NFS support via the GUI and auto discovery.

I'll test soon.

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Memphiz for working on this. Big Grin
Blah, build failing.....
update your libnfs.
Wow, that was quick. Will do. Thanks Spiff.
for doing so ...

Code:
rm /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/ios-blubb/lib/libnfs*
make -C tools/darwin/depends/libnfs clean
make -C tools/darwin/depends/libnfs
make -C tools/darwin/depends/xbmc

And then the new libnfs.0.dylib should be built, installed, recognized by configure and you are good to go to build the xcode project again.
Is libnfs going to take on a life of its own? I know you're working with the developer, it'd be nice to have it in the proper channels.

such that it's just another thing to install before compiling: "apt-get install libnfs-dev"
the dev's goal ist to get libnfs into the linux distris yes (don't know how long that will last - atleast the new buildsys will make the distris accept it i think) ... as for now we have to build it on our own ... but althekiller wants to fix our linux buildsys - so that libnfs has not to be installed into /usr but into the source tree ... after that the README.linux will be updated ... as of now it needs a manual

Code:
make -C lib/libnfs && make -C lib/libnfs install

which will install into /usr ... and because of the buildsys change the old libnfs has to be deleted before that ... because libnfs has version 0.0.0 now (no release yet ...)
I noticed those commit messages as well - must admit to getting a bit giddy - does this mean the next nightly will contain these changes?
Or are nightlies working off of a seperate branch?
yeah next nightlys will include them...
IOS/ATV/Linux runs off main no separation yet and I've seen various commits being posted NFS support can be built on compiling XBMC a build from source and it gets picked up automatically when you run bootstrap ./configure etc etc but must be run before that.
Code:
cd xbmc/lib/libnfs/  ##Thats inside the GIT local copy
make -j4; make install
obviously whatever you need to compile XBMC in your platform along with that thrown in.
X3lectric Wrote:IOS/ATV/Linux runs off main no separation yet and I've seen various commits being posted NFS support can be built on compiling XBMC a build from source and it gets picked up automatically when you run bootstrap ./configure etc etc but must be run before that.
Code:
cd xbmc/lib/libnfs/  ##Thats inside the GIT local copy
make -j4; make install
obviously whatever you need to compile XBMC in your platform along with that thrown in.

this is only the case for linux ... on osx/atc2/ios this happens automagically already ...
Hey Memphiz,

after problems building with the new commits I startet with a clean git checkout and removed all xbmc-depends (so basically from starting point).

But I still get the following error message when running xcodebuild:

Code:
/Users/emkay/xbmc/xbmc/filesystem/FileNFS.cpp:33:35: error: nfsc/libnfs-raw-mount.h: No such file or directory
/Users/emkay/xbmc/xbmc/filesystem/FileNFS.cpp: In member function 'std::list<CStdStr<char>, std::allocator<CStdStr<char> > > CNfsConnection::GetExportList(const CURL&)':
/Users/emkay/xbmc/xbmc/filesystem/FileNFS.cpp:76: error: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct exportnode'
/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/ios-4.2_armv7/include/nfsc/libnfs.h:948: error: forward declaration of 'struct exportnode'
/Users/emkay/xbmc/xbmc/filesystem/FileNFS.cpp:78: error: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct exportnode'
/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/ios-4.2_armv7/include/nfsc/libnfs.h:948: error: forward declaration of 'struct exportnode'

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
    CompileC build/XBMC-ATV2.build/Release-iphoneos/XBMC.build/Objects-normal/armv7/FileNFS.o xbmc/filesystem/FileNFS.cpp normal armv7 c++ com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_2
(1 failure)

Can you tell me what's missing?

libnfs.dylib is generated without problem. Where should this file nfsc/libnfs-raw-mount.h be?

EmKay
Memphiz Wrote:for doing so ...

Code:
rm /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/ios-blubb/lib/libnfs*
make -C tools/darwin/depends/libnfs clean
make -C tools/darwin/depends/libnfs
make -C tools/darwin/depends/xbmc

And then the new libnfs.0.dylib should be built, installed, recognized by configure and you are good to go to build the xcode project again.

Should it be
PHP Code:
rm /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/ios-4.2_armv7/lib/libnfs
?
yeah, sure. But as I already said. I removed the complete folder from /Users/Shared/

So basically everything should be downloaded from scratch...
emkay Wrote:yeah, sure. But as I already said. I removed the complete folder from /Users/Shared/

So basically everything should be downloaded from scratch...

Ah yes. Just got home from a long day at work. Trying a build now, I'll let you know how it goes.
Pages: 1 2 3