Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fanart Visualization when Playing Music - GUI/Visualization
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all - apologies for the simple question as I'm sure this has come up in the past and I am literally 2 mins new to the world of the XBMC forum.

I'm hoping there is a way to show the fanart of the specific artist that is currently playing in the GUI/Visualization mode (Tab Key) for the Alaska skin.

Any help or guidance is much appreciated! Thanks all!
You should ask in [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (3.0.2) requires nightly build

because Hitcher never answer here

This is the good question I wonder the same
Not currently but wouldn't it be a bit boring seeing the current artists fanart?

You can always use the music fanart as a screen saver.
Personally I would like to see artists fanarts while music playing
actually i´m looking for that too. It´s booring just to see an empty background, and why the cdart with the time release is gone after a few seconds?
There´s a way to activate fanart?

Please...
Geetung Wrote:Hi all - apologies for the simple question as I'm sure this has come up in the past and I am literally 2 mins new to the world of the XBMC forum.

I'm hoping there is a way to show the fanart of the specific artist that is currently playing in the GUI/Visualization mode (Tab Key) for the Alaska skin.

Any help or guidance is much appreciated! Thanks all!

I've found the answer to your question:

open musicvisualization.xml. In <window id="2006"> (top of xml)

Look for
<visible>IsEmpty(visualisation.name)</visible>

Replace this line by
<visible>!IsEmpty(visualisation.name)|IsEmpty(visualisation.name)</visible>

In that way, you've got artist's fanart with or without visualization mode (direct spectrum, waves, etc.)

w2w