Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ND22 has screen tearing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, I need some help. I just upgraded my system to a Zotac ND22 running Ubuntu 10.04. Everything is running great except I have really bad screen tearing. Tested on multiple MKV files and AVI files.

I have Nvidia driver version 195.36.24.

XBMC Video settings are as follows:
Render Method: Auto Detect
VDPAU: Yes
Auto display refresh rate to match video: No
Sync playback to display: No
Video post processing: Disabled

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Huh
Why are you running 10.04? I would recommend at least 10.10, then turning off Compiz completely and installing Ubuntu Tweak. Maybe even go for Linux Mint 10, which is based on Ubuntu 10.10 (that's what I use).
The Nvidia driver is ancient. At least install a newer one.
xorg has to have composite disabled, look at my signature I have ppa with absolutly latest 275.21 nvidia drivers nvidia-settings vdpau and also LB06 signature and mine contain xorg configuration links (judder)
I don't remember exactly why I'm using the older driver, just that I had issues with newer ones. I think it was something with audio over hdmi.

I disabled composite though and I think that did it! I'm still testing it, but it looks like its fixed. Thanks!
excelent, well when you upgrade video drivers its best to update the alsa drivers as well in some cases because it works together at some level... you can always backup/image your system before upgrading such components.

doing major stuff without imaging/backing up is mad.