Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music Visualization - Can you lock a preset?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been looking for a thread on this with no luck... some old ones and a few about favs... about it.

Is there a way to pick a preset and have it stay on screen until you change/unlock it?

Or even have it change only when the song changes?

I can't seem to get the times on here to work, even set all the times to 59sec (blend, random, etc) and still seems to change whenever it feels like.

A few presets I like and would like to simply click it and have it stay on screen vs ever changing effects. A few are a real eye sore. Smile
yes its actually on the visualisations addon so you have to navigate to addons the vis you wnat pull context menu and configure it.
Not having much luck, not sure if in the correct spot or not...

XBMC Media Center/Add-Ons/Visualization/Enabled Add-Ons

I click on MILKDROP, the Configure... but doesn't allow me to pick say "EO.S. - spark C" or whatever the name of the preset I want is.

If I have the song full screen with visualization on, I can go into the MilkDrop Presets screen where all the presets are listed, click on what I want but it soon changes to the next random one on the list.
ah project M.... well if you just want a preset you need to find the presets.zip theres about 2 or 3 the you open the zip remove all the ones you dont want and walla.

thers

/usr/share/xbmc/addons/visualization.milkdrop/presets/

and

/usr/share/xbmc/addons/visualization.projectm/resources/

good luck.

also everytie you upgarde xbmc it will get reinstalled so it goes back to waht it was so once you have it set to a specific one then back them up and restore them/delete the update ones.

thers a ton of them so actualy doing via UI would be a long drwned out thing but if you get a developer to gain interest in adding a feature then you may be in luck otherwise is back to the preset.zip
Hmm... can I extract the presets and zip the 2 or 3 into their own files? or do I need to re-zip at all?

I'd play around with it but, worried I'll screw something up. Smile

I am 'assuming' I can extract 1 file, zip it, then use 'get more add-ons' and navigate to the new zip I created and add it that way?
Yup... that works

Extracted the 1 preset I wanted and zipped it on it's own under the same folder, now when I go into the preset settings i shows on its own. Smile
and for the future, the far less stupid version.

go to full screen viz. lock preset ('l'). then hit 'p' (or open menu, then select the set preset button) set the preset you want. voila.
spiff Wrote:and for the future, the far less stupid version.

go to full screen viz. lock preset ('l'). then hit 'p' (or open menu, then select the set preset button) set the preset you want. voila.

what's that in remote speak? for those that don't have a keyboard attached at all times.
Also this was discussed to death by one guy in IRC not long ago, no one ever said there was such a easy alternative and not documented either.
well, you know the keyboard mappings, then you can see keyboard.xml for the actions..

by default they are 'select' for popping up the list and 'back' for locking the preset.

it's not my fault that others aren't capable of checking the keymap... if i were around i would ofc have answered.

as for not being documented, see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Action_IDs
NO i dindt mean that part of "documented"

I meant the preset choice documentation.
yes, it seems that action has been deprecated, and i have updated the wiki with how to do it these days.
when you say fullscreen do you mean without any album art / song details ? mine is locked and i dont seem to be able to unlock it . tried pressin "l" but only when album art etc is on screen too . is there another way of getting it full screen ? ie when the music isn`t playing ?