Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Remote Buttons Not Working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Installed Archlinux and xbmc from pacman. My remote is an HP remote. lsusb shows:

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0471:060c Philips (or NXP) Consumer Infrared Transceiver (HP)

The up/down/left/right and volume buttons work but the Back and OK buttons do not.

I have been trying to search the problem out but a lot of the documentation makes not sense to me.

The xbmc log doesn't seem to think I'm pressing anything when I press OK.

Here is my log:

http://www.box.net/shared/qdhq1zifym5q9vde1qrg
I followed all the direction at the Archlinux wiki and can't get it to work. When I run irw I get:

irw
^[[B^[[B^[[B^[[D^[[C^[[A^[[B
And when I do:

irrecord -d /dev/lirc0 /tmp/my_remote

I get:

irrecord: initializing driver
irrecord: WARNING: enparsable option: /dev/lirc0
irrecord: driver needs at least remoteShortAddress, macPANId and macShortAddress
irrecord: could not init hardware (lircd running ? --> close it, check permissions)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=104541

This guide helped me to get my remote working with lirc + newer kernel versions.
Wow, immediately after stopping lircd and doing:

ir-keytable -c -p NEC,RC-5,RC-6,JVC,SONY -t

I started getting codes again. Following the lirc documentation has been driving me insane.

Thank you so much. I think I'm finally making progress.
Well, hit a rut in the instructions. It says to generate codes with:

ir-keymap -c -p $protocols -t

Which gives me:

bash: ir-keymap: command not found

I'll keep going through the instructions but Google didn't find any results for that.
Well, that's not working.

ls /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/
ls: cannot access /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/: No such file or directory
Code:
pacman -S v4l-utils

Arch does not store the files in /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/ it would seem, but in /etc/rc_keymaps/. Doesn't matter much though.
LB06 Wrote:
Code:
pacman -S v4l-utils

Arch does not store the files in /lib/udev/rc_keymaps/ it would seem, but in /etc/rc_keymaps/. Doesn't matter much though.

An, thanks. When I get home from work I'll give that a shot.
Ok, Arch was driving me insane. Running Fedora 15 now. Going to try again. Still same issue; all buttons work except the OK and Back buttons.
Fedora, same thing:

bash: ir-keymap: command not found

And I did install:

yum install v4l-utils
I give.
Read my guide. XBMC doesn't listen to "OK" or "BACK". You have to create custom mappings. Be it via ir-keymap or lirc.
I guess I'll have to try the LIRC route.

bash: ir-keymap: command not found...

Just getting frustrated.
Not surprising. The proper command is ir-keytable. Fixed it in the guide. Tnx. Also, learn to use [TAB] (autocompletion) in the shell. It'll save you loads of time and headaches Smile.
Pages: 1 2