Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [ATV2] Is there any way to enter 'server' details with a keyboard?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am going through a royal pain the backside trying to get XBMC on my ATV2 to access media that's on my Mac because Lion breaks the SMB setup. Anyway, that's a different thread.

My issue is that I'm having to try a variety of different setups and entering the address using the Apple Remote is painful. It's like stepping back 25 years in time, especially the way the keyboard switches back from symbols to letters automatically, especially when typing the :// bit, so I wondered if there was any way of taking advantage of the pop-up keyboard in the XBMC Commander app for iPad and iPhone?

EDIT: I just remembered different skins do the 'setup a new share address' bit slightly differently, and I've totally forgotten what skin I'm using. It's a mostly white one, very clean.
yeah ... just use the xbmc commander keyboard ... i use it all the time when doing such things ...
That keyboard on the app will work just fine with XBMC on the ATV2, as well as bluetooth keyboards or setting everything up on your desktop and then copying the userdata folder over.