Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: video plays in top L corner only WTF!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nevermind why in the hell anyone would want such a stupid setting in the first place. Shocked
Someone please please tell me what setting I inadvertently switched, clicked, or otherwise fouled up. Angry

My video plays in the upper left corner of the screen. The video is not cut off (as in only showing part of the movie/tv show picture) it is all there just shrunk to fit, almost like it is some picture in picture mode. The rest of the screen is black. The subtitles play in the bottom center of the the screen just as they would if the video was playing properly in full screen mode.

Win7, Dharma 10.1, happens in both Confluence and AEON MQ2...
Very frustrated after my second time going the full nuclear option of uninstalling and reinstalling XBMC because of some little thing that I couldn't sort out. No
Just out of curiosity did you hit the z key a few times by mistake... try it. I saw a thread regarding this issue not long ago... (less than 1 week) you might try a search for it.
Does it return to full screen if you press the TAB key ?
TAB: it goes into windowed mode with the video playing in the full space of the screen. Bringing it out of windowed mode brings it back to the way it was...
If all else fails: delete guisettings.xml

You might have to go back and switch to your icon views again, but other than that you won't lose anything important. You can also do this if you install a broken skin and can't get back out of it.

Windows Xp: Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\XBMC/userdata/guisettings.xml
Vista/Windows 7: Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC/userdata/guisettings.xml
Mac OS X: /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/guisettings.xml
Did you get it fixed? I had that issue and it was actually video card driver settings that screwed it up for me. I had to go into NVidea settings and click the "Reset settings" button.

Thanks,
SoBBie
If I delete the GUI settings will that file replace itself then?

Although I reinstalled yet again, this sounds like a promising option. Also, thanks for telling me where to find the file
outatouch0 Wrote:If I delete the GUI settings will that file replace itself then?

Although I reinstalled yet again, this sounds like a promising option. Also, thanks for telling me where to find the file

Yes, the file will be recreated automatically.
You have pressed button "\". Click on the left-upper corner screen and press button "\" again!
(2011-07-25, 21:49)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]If all else fails: delete guisettings.xml

You might have to go back and switch to your icon views again, but other than that you won't lose anything important. You can also do this if you install a broken skin and can't get back out of it.

Windows Xp: Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\XBMC/userdata/guisettings.xml
Vista/Windows 7: Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC/userdata/guisettings.xml
Mac OS X: /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/guisettings.xml

Hi All,
I have installed xbmc in ubuntu 12.04LTS.for finding guisettings.xml in ubuntu where i need to go?.Everything is working fine in the sense,all full HD video,normal videos and music.but xbmc screen is displaying in top left corner of the display and when i enter into display mode.in that display mode previously i was windowed option.I selected Full Screen#1 option there.When i select that option giving blank screen some time and again it is coming to windowed option only....when i come out from xbmc,the desktop display is perfect full screen what may be the cause.I have tried with '\' also not working for me...Help me out any one...
Old thread !!

guisettings.xml is at ~/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml

FWIW, I've had this issue once and cured it by simply switching skins and then back again.