Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MySQL Database Version Update with XBMC-iOS (iPad2)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have 4 Windows 7 computers running XBMC 10.1 using a shared MySQL database. I only do library updates on 1 of them.

Now I'm trying to connect an iPad 2 with XBMC-iOS (10.0-9, installed from Cydia) to my library database. I setup my advancedsettings.xml file but it doesn't want to connect.

Here's my debug log.

From what I understand it tries to update the DB to version 53, while it currently seems to be at 42. Now I know that XBMC-iOS is still experimental but I thought it was kinda following the stable version of XBMC. Does it mean that XBMC-iOS 10.0-9 doesn't have anything to do with XBMC-Windows 10.1 (in terms of database version used)?

Anyway I tried running the SQL query that fails (ALTER TABLE settings ADD VerticalShift float) manually, but it doesn't work because the field already exists. Now I don't know if it got created the first time I ran XBMC-iOS or if it simply "always" existed.

Then I tried manually changing the version number (in the Version table) to 53. This time it "connected" with the DB but I couldn't see anything in the library. By looking at the logs I realized that it was looking for a bunch of tables that doesn't exist in my database.

Basically my understanding is that I need to go through each update from 42 to 53 for XBMC-iOS to be able to use my database. So my questions are:

1) Is there any way to upgrade the database manually? I would need every SQL queries. I guess it's unlikely...

2) Which version of XBMC-Windows runs on DB Version 53?

3) Do I need to run the Windows nightlies in order to be able to use XBMC-iOS on my iPad 2 with the same MySQL database?

Thanks!
ekred Wrote:Hi,

I have 4 Windows 7 computers running XBMC 10.1 using a shared MySQL database. I only do library updates on 1 of them.

Now I'm trying to connect an iPad 2 with XBMC-iOS (10.0-9, installed from Cydia) to my library database. I setup my advancedsettings.xml file but it doesn't want to connect.

Here's my debug log.

From what I understand it tries to update the DB to version 53, while it currently seems to be at 42. Now I know that XBMC-iOS is still experimental but I thought it was kinda following the stable version of XBMC. Does it mean that XBMC-iOS 10.0-9 doesn't have anything to do with XBMC-Windows 10.1 (in terms of database version used)?

From the first post in the official release thread

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=91581

"Note that 10.0-7 was based off of XBMC Dharma code. What was used for 10.0-9 is the most up-to-date code available (pre-Eden XBMC) so there have been some changes that may affect compatibility of addons and skins."

So no its no longer based on stable

As to database version I cant answer directly but I can tell you the nightly releases have a newer database version, so maybe the official 10.0-9 is effect by this too.
ekred Wrote:Basically my understanding is that I need to go through each update from 42 to 53 for XBMC-iOS to be able to use my database. So my questions are:

1) Is there any way to upgrade the database manually? I would need every SQL queries. I guess it's unlikely...

2) Which version of XBMC-Windows runs on DB Version 53?

3) Do I need to run the Windows nightlies in order to be able to use XBMC-iOS on my iPad 2 with the same MySQL database?

Thanks!

1) Not an easy way that I am aware of. I started over myself
2 and 3) Yup, nightlies are what you want, which like chuckles said, are pre-eden, so 11.0 code, which are of course incompatible with dharma. (10.1)

So, run nightlies, if they dont automatically upgrade in debug logs, delete db, redo it all, it'll work. Smile
Official and unofficial builds are both "unstable". The code comes from the exact same place. There won't be a "stable" build for iOS until XBMC v11 (Eden) is released. The answer to all three questions is to use a nightly build for Windows if you want to share mysql BD with iPad.

It's not as scary as it might sound. Just back up your library every so often to play it safe.
chuckles Wrote:From the first post in the official release thread

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=91581

"Note that 10.0-7 was based off of XBMC Dharma code. What was used for 10.0-9 is the most up-to-date code available (pre-Eden XBMC) so there have been some changes that may affect compatibility of addons and skins."

So no its no longer based on stable

Sorry I did read this post but focused on the outlined issues and obviously went over this paragraph.

keith Wrote:1) Not an easy way that I am aware of. I started over myself
2 and 3) Yup, nightlies are what you want, which like chuckles said, are pre-eden, so 11.0 code, which are of course incompatible with dharma. (10.1)

So, run nightlies, if they dont automatically upgrade in debug logs, delete db, redo it all, it'll work. Smile

Ned Scott Wrote:Official and unofficial builds are both "unstable". The code comes from the exact same place. There won't be a "stable" build for iOS until XBMC v11 (Eden) is released. The answer to all three questions is to use a nightly build for Windows if you want to share mysql BD with iPad.

It's not as scary as it might sound. Just back up your library every so often to play it safe.

Thanks, that's what i'll do. I've run the nightlies of Dharma for a while to take advantage of my ION boards and never had any major issues so I'm not too scared. I do hope I won't need to recreate my DB from scratch though as this might take a while but at least I'd win a new playback device at the end Big Grin

So until Eden is officially released with (hopefully) an "official" iOS port, I guess I should run the "same" nightly as the latest iOS port is based on? Is that how it works?

For instance if I want to make sure that my Windows and iOS installs of XBMC use the same DB Version, I should install the June 23rd nightly of XBMC-Windows, that uses the same base as XBMC-iOS 10.0-9 released on that day. Am I correct?

Thanks again everybody for all your help. This is really a great community!
correct Smile
Awesome!

Thanks Memphiz Smile