Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Bitstreaming/passthrough hardware
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All

Looking to build another HTPC to run XBMC, and with the anticipation of v11supporting HD audio passthrough, can anyone recommend some low power hardware that would support it? When I say low power I mean ITX with a PSU of 65w.

So far it seems to be the AMD Zacate offerings on the shortlist as ATOM/ION2 doesnt support passthrough. The other option I see is Intel i3 but they have high power consumption compared.

Any other possibilities?

I currently run a zotac GF9300 with E7200 CPU 2gb Ram, 2tb HDD, 1tb HDD and LG Blu Ray drive.
Well.. I'm using Zotac ID40 (DualAtom 1.8Ghz/SSD/4GB) and BlueRay Rips (.iso) movies that have True HD works. At least My Pioneer playes them. Eek
FWIW the i3-2100T idles at 14.5w and caps out at 38w when playing back DXVA2 accelerated blurays.
AFAIK the atom/ion combo doesnt support true HD - neither does XBMC currently - so your amp is probably processing the core audio portion, or the standard 5.1 track.

Hmm, I found an i3-330M cpu and mobo, with 35w TDP that looks like a good bet. However the i3-2100T you mention uses a standard 1155 socket rather than G and still 35w so might be better in the long run. Although you are looking at £100 for the CPU and £75 odd for a mobo!