Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MAC XBMC cannot see SMB shares
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I cannot see SMB shares from my unraid server or from my windows PC on any of my macs.

Solutions please?! The problem started today. Its been working fine until then.
aoaaron Wrote:I cannot see SMB shares from my unraid server or from my windows PC on any of my macs.

Solutions please?! The problem started today. Its been working fine until then.

Your monitor has become unplugged*

*we need a lot more information to help you. The more details the better. Be creative if necessary.
well i'll venture a guess. he just updated to either lion, in which case there's currently no easy solution, or he updated his OS version. All recent OS X upgrades (probably including the 10.6.8 supplemental update), will over-write your smb.config file. it's a PIA.
yup I updated.

Are there any solutions?

I cannot see any SMB shares. I have to add them from network location. I can see the shares on my PCs.
I guess I'm at a loss at how upgrading to Lion affected his built in libsamba in XBMC. Thus affecting his ability to connect to unRAID and Windows from his Mac.
aoaaron Wrote:yup I updated.

Are there any solutions?

I cannot see any SMB shares. I have to add them from network location. I can see the shares on my PCs.

This happened to me too. Apple pulled support for samba in Lion. After much searching, I found out that the way to connect to those shares is by using CIFS. Which actually seems much faster than using samba was.
jodeman Wrote:This happened to me too. Apple pulled support for samba in Lion. After much searching, I found out that the way to connect to those shares is by using CIFS. Which actually seems much faster than using samba was.

Arrrg.

Unless XBMC uses the OS's libsamba I don't see how this is possible. Samba support should be built into XBMC.

Quote:I cannot see SMB shares from my unraid server or from my windows PC on any of my macs.
He will be able to connect to them by using the connect to server option in the finder menus.