Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music video NFOs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

I've just about given up on the MTV/Yahoo scrapers. Oo Is there any way I can just knock up an nfo for each music video I have? Could someone post an example that I could use as a template?

Cheers
How did you get the nfo's to work? I created a test nfo for a song (literally copy and pasted the xml content from the link you listed) and named the xml the exact same name as one of my music videos (apart from the extension). No matter how I try to scan, the music video is never added to my library.
bkboudreau Wrote:How did you get the nfo's to work? I created a test nfo for a song (literally copy and pasted the xml content from the link you listed) and named the xml the exact same name as one of my music videos (apart from the extension). No matter how I try to scan, the music video is never added to my library.

Are you looking in the right part of the library? (The Music Videos section)
Yep, I am looking at Videos-> Music videos in the default skin.
AFAIK you still need to set the content type to music video and select the scraper, it'll just lookup the info from the .nfo file and add it to your library.

when making your own .nfo files by renaming .txt files in windows that make sure you disable the option 'hide extensions for known file types' in explorer or you may actually have files named blahblah.nfo.txt and not realise it.
for movies i use EMMrv (find it over in the supplemental tools section), and i recently discovered you can "bend" it to your advantage for music video .nfo's, so i have a 2nd version on my system for this purpose...here is what i do:

1) all music videos are in a folder of their own eg: "music videos/deftones - rocket skates/deftones - rocket skates.avi"

2) in your fresh EMM, add your music video folder as a TV source:
(edit>settings>tv shows>files and sources) then hit apply and ok.

after this, there is a small amount of legwork involved...

3) add any artist relevent fanart into the individual folders.

4) in EMM, under title, right click the video and click edit show>fanart tab>change fanart (manually browse) and select your fanart.

5) at the bottom left where your episodes would normally be, you will see something like "deftones - rocket skates S-01 E03", right click this, then click "edit episode", and delete the season/episode numbers.

6) click the "Frame Extraction" tab, then click "load episode", then scan through for a cool looking frame, and click "save as poster", then "OK"

7) right cliock the "episode" again, and click "edit episode" again, and you can manually add your A/V meta data if you want to (i do this) you can find the data by using a nice freeware app called GSpot: http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

click "OK", close the software then you are good to go!

ps my nfo looks like this, and it scans perfectly fine:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<episodedetails>
<title>Deftones - Rocket Skates</title>
<rating>0</rating>
<season>-1</season>
<episode>-1</episode>
<fileinfo>
<streamdetails>
<audio>
<channels>2</channels>
<codec>mp3</codec>
<language>eng</language>
<longlanguage>English</longlanguage>
</audio>
<video>
<aspect>16:9</aspect>
<codec>div5</codec>
<height>720</height>
<scantype>Progressive</scantype>
<width>1280</width>
</video>
</streamdetails>
</fileinfo>
</episodedetails>

good luck!
It would have it's uses where you wanted to be more specific for the odd file here or there based on the amount of effort you'd have to put into each file.

A quick easy way of doing this is using something like tag&rename to rename your files based off metadata that may be stored in them, if not you can scrape metadata from amazon as one example which has a fairly extensive library. Once the meta data is set for the files, tag&rename can can create the folder structure and rename your files as you need them to be, then generate the .nfo files in a big sweep over the folders and files using the tool available on the thread below.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...+Generator

I personally did it this way and had fairly accurate results with the yahoo music video scraper after adding the items to my library initially.
Thanks for the replies, I will check out those tools.

Maybe I am just scanning incorrectly as I just copy and pasted your def tones nfo and changed the name and resolution fields to match one of my music videos however it still does not get added to my library. I've verified that my nfo file name is identical to the music video filename and that the only extension is .nfo.

I've tried scanning by right clicking on my Music Video file source and selecting "Scan for new content" and that doesn't work. I've also right clicked on the music video itself under the XBMC "files" list and did a "Show Music Video Information" and it tries to scrape from Yahoo and fails.

Am I scanning incorrectly?

Thanks again,
Brad
When it fails via the manual method, does it give you the option to alter the search term? and have you tried searching to see if the clip you are trying to scrape is even in yahoo music videos library?
It does pop up asking for me to type in the title and I made sure to type it verbatim on what I found on the yahoo video site but it still fails.

If that nfo is present and valid shouldn't it import from there and completely skip trying to scrape from yahoo?
bkboudreau Wrote:If that nfo is present and valid shouldn't it import from there and completely skip trying to scrape from yahoo?

it was through trying to solve that exact problem that i stumbled upon this thread and ended up replying...

it appears to me that the yahoo scraper has no .nfo "method", switch to the MTV scraper and it should work fine.

My system says the MTV scraper is broken and disabled. Is there a way to force it?
That worked perfectly, thank you!!
scrman Wrote:My system says the MTV scraper is broken and disabled. Is there a way to force it?

i had this problem too, but luckily i am rocking XBMC on Windows, XBOX, and XBMC Live so i have plenty of resources to play with including a non broken mtv scraper: http://www.mediafire.com/?wh74yoivcj8uco3

use the add ons>install from zip option, then go to enabled addons>music video information>mtv then click on it and click enable.

bkboudreau Wrote:That worked perfectly, thank you!!

glad i could help!
Pages: 1 2