Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Resolution on AGP capped at 800x600
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

I've just spent the past three weeks fiddling around and reading/experimenting a lot and finally have set up a great XBMC media center base don an old IBM Pentium 3 and some scavenged parts.

I was running XBMC off the on-board graphics card connected to my TV and resolution was around 1024x768 (Unfortunately I don't remember the exact resolution). I noticed that the frame rate on some HD movies was a bit jittery, so I decided to try installing an NVidia GeForce FX5700 card I had lying around.

After some trial and error I managed to get the Nvidia card up and running, however I am now stuck with two problems:

1) The XBMC settings will not allow me to go above 800x600 resolution (I tried playing around with xorg.conf a bit, and managed to enable some options that allowed me to choose a lower resolution, but not higher than 800x600)

2) I cannot use the onboard graphics card anymore. If i connect the TV to that VGA port, I just get a terminal prompt when I boot and Ctrl+F8 and/or startx don't work

I really don't know what more I can try at this stage...I'm quite frustrated as I know the graphics card supports 1024x768 and so does the TV...so why can't I get them to work together that way?!

Sad