Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help! MPEG started playing at 4 fps...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And there I was thinking that I just about had my new HTPC set up and ready to go .... New system, Ubuntu 11.04, XBMC 10.1, Pentium G620 with GT520 GPU, vdpau enabled, using hdmi out to TV and optical audio out to receiver.

I have a collection of MPEGs (recorded off air from DVB-T) which I have played many times on a Windows machine with XBMC, and also a few times on my new setup.

But today they have suddenly started to go slow - about 4fps. iPlayer playback also seems to be affected, it was working fine a couple of days ago. My network is fine - I can play my collection of ripped DVDs without issues.

So what did I change? I have no idea! In the last day or so I have been fiddling with my Harmony remote configuration, which can't possibly be linked. Before that I was playing with audio settings to get what I wanted, but I don't think it's that either (I definitely tested with some of these files before I decided that audio was fixed, and in any case I have changed them about today to see if it makes any difference).

There is a log file at http://pastebin.com/wcbrV5aK if anyone can help me by taking a look.

When it's going wrong, this is the sort of thing that is appearing in the log file, unfortunately I have no idea what it's telling me.

Code:
14:23:38 T:2874542960 M:3800866816   ERROR: AddPackets - failed to add leftover bytes to render
14:23:38 T:2874542960 M:3800866816   DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:1558872.330556, should be:311999.555556, error:-1246872.775000
14:23:39 T:2874542960 M:3800842240   ERROR: CDVDAudio::AddPacketsRenderer - timeout adding data to renderer

Can anyone give me some pointers as to how to fix this? As I say, this was working a couple of days ago so I'm hoping it's something simple!!

TIA
Ceejay
Well, it's fixed but I have now idea how or why ... I was methodically changing video and audio settings one at a time to see what might have an effect, when I came to "Audio Output". I changed it from IEC958 to "Defaults" and it worked! I don't understand this, so I change it back - and it still works!

Did changing this setting twice change something somewhere? Did I unknowingly touch something else in passing? I guess we'll never know.....

Ceejay