Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-12-18, 19:51)Bjur Wrote: [ -> ]These new builds should we still first install avsplitter to get bluray playback.

Is this a question or a statement? Because I don't see a question mark. If, this is a question, then yes, dsplayer requires avsplitter to handle blu-rays correctly. Eduard K. is also the developer of avsplitter, so this is his choice. AFAIK blu-rays can also be handled with haali splitter, but I cannot confirm this. But I can confirm that blu-rays do not work with LAV splitter in Frodo-dsplayer - the new XBMC's built-in simple blu-ray menu pops up, but you cannot choose any titles.
However, with avslplitter you have dsplayer title choice dialog which works perfectly.

(2012-12-18, 22:17)Ed76 Wrote: [ -> ]@Roman_V_M:
are there any news concerning dsplayer + pvr/live tv? you wrote some time ago the developer is working on this.

See my message above. So far no improvement, as far as network streams (of any kind) concerned.

BTW, I want to remind you all that dsplayer from Eduard K. uses slightly different video DB format than official XBMC builds, so the best practice to migrate between different builds (e.g. Eden > Frodo, Frodo official > Frodo-dsplayer etc.) is to export your video DB into one file (one folder in fact - the UI dialog is incorrect) and then import it back for XBMC to create the correct video db structure.

So it's been awhile since I last setup things with DSPlayer. I just upgraded with a clean install of the DS Frodo build. I applied all of my normal files, a playercorefactory, advancesettings, filersconfig, and mediasconfig files.

Whenever I try to play an movie, I get playback in a separate window that I cannot get to focus. In my Eden build I never saw anything like it. I'm sure I am missing something stupid, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out why I am suddenly getting playback in a different window. Can anyone help?
OK making progress. I think I found some minor issues with my config files for DSplayer and now am getting my playback for MPG videos, but not any HD videos. all of my videos are mt2s BR direct rips. They all play fine on my Eden version of DSPlayer/XBMC. They also play fine on MPC. Just curious if anyone has run into issues with the FRODO build of DSPlayer....
More progress - since this was a clean OS install, and I was using Win 7 Ultimate N, it did not come with WMP preinstalled, so I was missing the Windows EVR that XBMC relies on, apparently, for HD video. After installing the latest WMP, everything appears to be working now, except for stuttering on Brave.

This is a bit weird because I had a very wide variety of HD movies that encompasses a lot of different audio codecs and formats. This one movie is stuttering, suffering from frame drops, and audio drops. It appears to be using DD+ vs. TrueHD, but I'm using LAV filters, so I wouldn't expect that to be an issue - LAV supports DD+.

Has anyone had any similar experiences with Brave?
(2012-12-19, 12:54)Roman_V_M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-18, 19:51)Bjur Wrote: [ -> ]These new builds should we still first install avsplitter to get bluray playback.

Is this a question or a statement? Because I don't see a question mark. If, this is a question, then yes, dsplayer requires avsplitter to handle blu-rays correctly. Eduard K. is also the developer of avsplitter, so this is his choice. AFAIK blu-rays can also be handled with haali splitter, but I cannot confirm this. But I can confirm that blu-rays do not work with LAV splitter in Frodo-dsplayer - the new XBMC's built-in simple blu-ray menu pops up, but you cannot choose any titles.
However, with avslplitter you have dsplayer title choice dialog which works perfectly.

(2012-12-18, 22:17)Ed76 Wrote: [ -> ]@Roman_V_M:
are there any news concerning dsplayer + pvr/live tv? you wrote some time ago the developer is working on this.

See my message above. So far no improvement, as far as network streams (of any kind) concerned.

BTW, I want to remind you all that dsplayer from Eduard K. uses slightly different video DB format than official XBMC builds, so the best practice to migrate between different builds (e.g. Eden > Frodo, Frodo official > Frodo-dsplayer etc.) is to export your video DB into one file (one folder in fact - the UI dialog is incorrect) and then import it back for XBMC to create the correct video db structure.

Thanks Roman. Yes it was a questionSmile
The latest build based on Frodo RC2: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?twqtxzxoecjquf7
No major changes in dsplayer though.
Sources: http://git.avmedia.su/git/?p=xbmc.git;a=summary
Thank u so much Roman
with rc2 volume control in dsplayer is broken again :\
(2012-12-20, 09:19)deh2k7 Wrote: [ -> ]OK making progress. I think I found some minor issues with my config files for DSplayer and now am getting my playback for MPG videos, but not any HD videos. all of my videos are mt2s BR direct rips. They all play fine on my Eden version of DSPlayer/XBMC. They also play fine on MPC. Just curious if anyone has run into issues with the FRODO build of DSPlayer....

(2012-12-20, 10:06)deh2k7 Wrote: [ -> ]More progress - since this was a clean OS install, and I was using Win 7 Ultimate N, it did not come with WMP preinstalled, so I was missing the Windows EVR that XBMC relies on, apparently, for HD video. After installing the latest WMP, everything appears to be working now, except for stuttering on Brave.

This is a bit weird because I had a very wide variety of HD movies that encompasses a lot of different audio codecs and formats. This one movie is stuttering, suffering from frame drops, and audio drops. It appears to be using DD+ vs. TrueHD, but I'm using LAV filters, so I wouldn't expect that to be an issue - LAV supports DD+.

You have actually added the codecs and filters you want to use to \system\players\dsplayer because these build don't have any pre installed, so if your configured normally to use MPC-HC codecs for mt2s you need to add them, because it sounds like its dropping back to windows merit system which is why it works after installing WMP. which shouldn't be necessary.

Take all the files from your Eden build and stick them in the latest builds.

@Roman_V_M

i found the problem Smile

can you report this to eduard_k?

xbmc/Application.cpp
Code:
@@ -5398,6 +5398,11 @@ void CApplication::SetHardwareVolume(float hardwareVolume)

/* for platforms where we do not have AE */    
   if (!CAEFactory::GetEngine() && m_pPlayer)
     m_pPlayer->SetVolume(g_settings.m_fVolumeLevel);
+
+#ifdef HAS_DS_PLAYER
+  if (m_pPlayer) m_pPlayer->SetVolume(g_settings.m_fVolumeLevel);
+#endif
+
}    

int CApplication::GetVolume() const

thx
(2012-12-21, 02:04)>>X<< Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-20, 09:19)deh2k7 Wrote: [ -> ]OK making progress. I think I found some minor issues with my config files for DSplayer and now am getting my playback for MPG videos, but not any HD videos. all of my videos are mt2s BR direct rips. They all play fine on my Eden version of DSPlayer/XBMC. They also play fine on MPC. Just curious if anyone has run into issues with the FRODO build of DSPlayer....

(2012-12-20, 10:06)deh2k7 Wrote: [ -> ]More progress - since this was a clean OS install, and I was using Win 7 Ultimate N, it did not come with WMP preinstalled, so I was missing the Windows EVR that XBMC relies on, apparently, for HD video. After installing the latest WMP, everything appears to be working now, except for stuttering on Brave.

You have actually added the codecs and filters you want to use to \system\players\dsplayer because these build don't have any pre installed, so if your configured normally to use MPC-HC codecs for mt2s you need to add them, because it sounds like its dropping back to windows merit system which is why it works after installing WMP. which shouldn't be necessary.

X - I don't quite follow what you meant. Are you saying I needed to install ffdshow or MPC and add their files into my DSPlayer/XBMC? I don't recall having had to do that previously. does FFDShow and MPC deliver their own EVR.dll? I was seeing an error in the XBMC log indicating that it was unable to find evr.dll, and a few web searches led me to realize that I might need to have WMP to get that dll. Is there a different/better EVR to use?

I do have my filtersconfig and mediasconfig in my <userprofile>Roaming\XBMC\userdata\dsplayer folder and it's picking my modifications up. IIRC (and it's been a while) I never had to add codecs themselves to my XBMC directories, only made sure they were installed on Windows and make sure they are properly declared in filtersconfig and referenced in mediasconfig. I use LAV filters - and I know XBMC is picking them because it is displaying them when I showed the codec info.

In any case, I'm getting playback now and everything seems to be working well, except for Brave, which is running fast and stuttering with lots of audio dropout. I have seen behavior similar to this in the past with some HD files, but usually an update to LAV fixed it. I'm using the most current LAV filters available now. Can anyone with a directly BRD rip of Brave confirm if they are having any issues?
(2012-12-21, 02:59)aracnoz Wrote: [ -> ]@Roman_V_M

i found the problem Smile

can you report this to eduard_k?

Done.
BTW, there is also a bug tracker: http://mantis.avmedia.su
(2012-12-21, 05:37)deh2k7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-21, 02:04)&gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; Wrote: [ -> ]

X - I don't quite follow what you meant. Are you saying I needed to install ffdshow or MPC and add their files into my DSPlayer/XBMC? I don't recall having had to do that previously. does FFDShow and MPC deliver their own EVR.dll? I was seeing an error in the XBMC log indicating that it was unable to find evr.dll, and a few web searches led me to realize that I might need to have WMP to get that dll. Is there a different/better EVR to use?

I do have my filtersconfig and mediasconfig in my <userprofile>Roaming\XBMC\userdata\dsplayer folder and it's picking my modifications up. IIRC (and it's been a while) I never had to add codecs themselves to my XBMC directories, only made sure they were installed on Windows and make sure they are properly declared in filtersconfig and referenced in mediasconfig. I use LAV filters - and I know XBMC is picking them because it is displaying them when I showed the codec info.

In any case, I'm getting playback now and everything seems to be working well, except for Brave, which is running fast and stuttering with lots of audio dropout. I have seen behavior similar to this in the past with some HD files, but usually an update to LAV fixed it. I'm using the most current LAV filters available now. Can anyone with a directly BRD rip of Brave confirm if they are having any issues?

If you have a medias and filtersconfig in the userdata folder it will overrride the default 'program files' install settings. What <<X>> was alluding to was that if you are looking at a default installation you will have to make sure all the dependancies are met - they have been changed and are now set to AVSplitter (developed by the person who is maintaining the DSPlayer builds) and not LAV.

Though as I said earlier the fact you have a userdata set-up it shouldn't make a difference

As for Brave - no problems with playback - but might be worth checking your rip - it isn't a DD+ title AFAIA, but a TrueHD audio stream. I can't recall many DD+ since the death of HD DVD.
I try on RC2-build.But that's not compatible with skin.widget script.Musicvideo library still don't work,even if i re-scrape it.there are no item list in musicvideo mode.
(2012-12-21, 05:37)deh2k7 Wrote: [ -> ]X - I don't quite follow what you meant. Are you saying I needed to install ffdshow or MPC and add their files into my DSPlayer/XBMC? I don't recall having had to do that previously. does FFDShow and MPC deliver their own EVR.dll? I was seeing an error in the XBMC log indicating that it was unable to find evr.dll, and a few web searches led me to realize that I might need to have WMP to get that dll. Is there a different/better EVR to use?

I'll try and explain better but as your using LAV then its not going to really apply to you.

You can either have filters\codecs installed and registered on your system which you have (LAV) or you can drop filters\codecs in \system\players\dsplayer, older builds already had a number of filters\codecs pre installed so it would run regardless using the default setup.

If you had come from an old setup and your configs where using any of the filters previously found in \system\players\dsplayer it wouldn't have worked as they are no longer included in these builds.